Trip to San Diego, favorite places to shop?

Who?

This time I am off to San Diego. Going to be there for 2 weeks. I have access to a car so anywhere from downtown to north county will be accessible, hell I could even make it to LA if someone suggests a place that 'cannot be missed'.

So far I have checked the SF shop list and found that to be disappointingly short. I also have checked sign on San Diego and found a good list of restaurants and bars but again a short list of shops for men.

Places that I plan on going so far are: 5 & A Dime, Commissary, UNIV and Neimen Marcus.

In addition to what is stated above, I would like to find some 'high-end' boutiques that will carry unique items and harder to find brands.

There isn't too much in SD in terms of fine Men's shopping. You can make the drive up to Orange County which is only an hour drive or so and go to South Coast plaza. South Coast has pretty much every high end brand; LV, Gucci, Armani, John Varvatos, Barneys Co Op, etc. etc. While you're over there you should check out Blends/Carve over in the Lab which is right down the street from South Coast. Carve has APC, Umbro by Kim Jones, and W+H. I think they get new stock in rather frequently as well.

Also some recommendations for eating; El Pescado Fish market in La Jolla (really fresh fish sandwiches and ahi sushi platters that never dissapoint).

Mexican Food-Personally I have 2 favorites-Robertos (can be found all over the county, my favorite is the one on La Jolla Village Dr.) and Filibertos in North County on your way into Encinitas. Filibertos has a chunky carnitas that is really good!

Breakfast-Jon's coffee shop in La Jolla or The Brockton Villa in La Jolla on the cove. Jon's is a old style diner with all the regular stuff but is really good and been there forever. Brockton Villa is a little more upscale (small and gets busy on the weekends with lines going down the street), some interesting items though. The brioche french toast is amazing and so are the pancakes, plus the view cannot be beat.

I don't know where you're staying, so most of my recommendations for food are in North County and La Jolla area as that is where I grew up. Have fun, SD has a really good vibe to it.

P.S. Also check out the Zoo. Biggest in the United States and I have never been dissapointed to this day. The exhibits are great and there's lots to see!

Eat at Tapenade in La Jolla. It's pricey, but the food is equal to any michelin-starred restaurant I've eaten at in the UK or France.

For Stussy and the like, there's a skate shop on El Camino Real in Encinitas called RDS or something that's quite good.

Don't forget to go surfing.