college applications.

red

Yea, he'll come back, but whether or not it will be 100% is very unsure. I was actually quite impressed with the way Garcias played in the last game but with his contract up at the end of the year it will be interesting to see if he gets another offer if the play keeps up or if they will go with Feeley as the number 2 guy after McNabb. McNabb sure doesn't have the best track record when it comes to injuries though and he is only getting older....we shall see.

Well... in all fairness he played the best game of his life on a broken foot. Maybe this will make him better.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, if you guys like mcnabb, you really should have seen the shit he'd pull at SU. it was like he was operating at a completely different speed than anyone else on the field (which i'm sure was the case with most other superstars when they were still in college...vince young, reggie bush, etc...). it was incredible to witness in person.

although he may never fully recover from the torn ACL and although he he was a very good, but never great passer, i do think he was the first truly successful "mobile" quarterbacks (besides maybe steve young). he is a WAY better passer the vick will ever be, and its way too early to know anything about vince young yet.

• 3 weeks later...
do all colleges, not including comm. colleges, require teacher recommendations?

for the most part yes. i'm a bit confused here red, are you aiming for a competitive school or just a state school? I'd say something like that on your app weighs more heavily on a competitive school, but you'd probably need it either way

• 3 weeks later...

ok. on the common apps, when they ask for work experience, under employer, do you name the organization or the individual who hired you?

and do you think it would be tacky or cheesy to do a charlie kaufman on my essay? like he did in adaptation?

randall should have been brought up in the "children of the 90's" thread. him and his ridiculous flat-top...

i was watching an episode of martin the other day and randall was at the engagement party for martin.

ok. on the common apps, when they ask for work experience, under employer, do you name the organization or the individual who hired you?

and do you think it would be tacky or cheesy to do a charlie kaufman on my essay? like he did in adaptation?

as far as your essay goes red, DO ANYTHING THAT YOU FIND INTERESTING AND WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT. Describe yourself. thats the only place they will find out who you are really.....you're kinda late in the cycle now though..

yes, i've read many apps where they just throw the essays that complain about how dumb it is to write an essay...they just throw them away. you have to play the game.

well i didnt mean writing an essay complaining about writing an essay. more like an essay portraying all i went through in writing the essay. i thought it might reveal more about myself than just a single event. but i had a feeling that it was an overused idea. oh well. back to the drawing board.

thank you poly, you just helped me avoid rejection.

www.essayedge.com (for ballers)

www.essayrx.com (a lot cheaper but as good)

if you have $, you should use some sort of essay writing help service.

it does not mean there's some writer who would write your essay.

you gotta work but it's a lot easier if you utilize services like those.

if you are loaded (well, i personally think spending $$$ on education / career is 30000x more important than getting those fresh 19cm dior hommes to go with your 1500 rick owens sneakers - stop buying clothes and make some good investments for your future)

, you should opt for the write your essay from scratch service in which an editor walks you thru the writing process i.e. brainstorm with you, think of an effective way to deliver your story

unlike writing essays for gaining admission to professional schools, you can

write about anything. like if you are into sneakers, you can write about that.

most importantly, you must talk about what you got out of the experience that you are writing about. being specific is key.

where does that fall on the sarcasm meter?

not sarcastic at all red. it seems pretty interesting actually...

to further what herpsky says, you can write about anything, but try and tie yourself into it, they're interested in why they should admit YOU. if you write up a draft, i'd be willing to read it for you, add some suggestions, etc.

• 1 month later...
Boston University

Tufts University

Wesleyan University

UC: San Diego, Santa Barbara, Berkeley, Santa Cruz

UC's are submitted obviously, and I've finished ALL of the non-personal-statement Common App. stuff, but I'm using the same essays, just edited a little. Basically I'm done and I'm looking forward to moving to the east coast. I'm basically for sure going to BU.

In my opinion, tufts>bu, and wesleyan falls somewhere among the mix. Not saying i don't love bu, but it's all over the city and you don't really have a campus feel. If you like being in the city, than it's great for you-- when you turn 21 it's awesome because all the allston/brighton bars are walking distance from you. Before then though, it's eithe fake id's or house parties(the houses on St. Mary's usually throw good ones). Educationally, expect lecture classes and busy professors, but if you can handle your business than it's a great school. Tufts is a great school, within 10 minutes from the city, and there are good looking girls(not as hot as BU girls, but also not as high-maintenance). Theres a nice campus on a big hill, parties are usually at the frat houses, etc. You get the idea. All i know about Wesleyan is of the eight or so stoner friends i have who went their, eight of them came back bigger stoners(and studio art majors).

good luck.

In my opinion, tufts>bu, and wesleyan falls somewhere among the mix. Not saying i don't love bu, but it's all over the city and you don't really have a campus feel. If you like being in the city, than it's great for you-- when you turn 21 it's awesome because all the allston/brighton bars are walking distance from you. Before then though, it's eithe fake id's or house parties(the houses on St. Mary's usually throw good ones). Educationally, expect lecture classes and busy professors, but if you can handle your business than it's a great school. Tufts is a great school, within 10 minutes from the city, and there are good looking girls(not as hot as BU girls, but also not as high-maintenance). Theres a nice campus on a big hill, parties are usually at the frat houses, etc. You get the idea. All i know about Wesleyan is of the eight or so stoner friends i have who went their, eight of them came back bigger stoners(and studio art majors).

good luck.

wesleyan is a better liberal arts school than Tufts. Tufts is better at sciences though. both are very competitive though. BU not so much from what i remember

i guess it's my turn to drop knowledge.

i go to a very prestigious undergraduate institution in america. if anyone wants to know about this type of shit hit me with a pm.

unfortunately for anyone trying to apply to these places, you're about 2 months too late. all the ivy's have the Jan 1 deadline.

there's next year man...but yeah my school is getting pretty ridiculous. apparently we don't even do early decision/action anymore. shit is stupid but if anybody wants to apply to an ivy the process really starts about junior year, sophomore year for some.

applied to 9 schools, primarily because of the paranoia of not getting into ANY of them. anyways, from first choice to safety:

columbia u.

stanford u.

georgetown u.

cornell u.

u. of virginia

nyu

george washington university

syracuse

university of maryland