college applications.

red

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but doesn't your degree come from Columbia College?

No, it comes from Columbia University, whether you're in SEAS, Columbia College, or General Studies

holy fuck...woke up at 8:30 this morning, to submit apps because the post office closed at noon. logged onto commonapp.org and just to make sure I wasn't missing any deadlines, checked them all. turns out trinity is due tomorrow, I thought it was due on feb. 1. had to write an essay, submit apps and pay for shit and get to the post office, but packages, etc. all in ~3 hours, not fun. but now 3/6 apps are sent in, mailed, paid, etc. all done, fuck that feels GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Okay superfuture, due to me being a complete procrastinating idiot and my counselor's unability to shed light on this option, would majoring in journalism in an art school be ideal in my situation?

Basically, I've fucked up way too much during my high school years and have only made up classes that I've failed in order to meet graduation requirements. I honestly didn't know that D's would be such a huge ordeal in order for me to go to a UC, or even a state school. My gpa is pretty shitty, but manageable. I use to enjoy writing, and saw it as my only "gift" (for lack of being able to think of a better term). Though since finding out about this 'D' situation (end of junior year) I pretty much gave up since I figure I'd just end up in a shitty community college. I have since lost interest in the only thing I've found out that I was decent at.

My friend (very recently) suggested art school as another option.

Bottom line, is the difference great enough between to where I should go to an art school for journalism instead of doing the two year community - UC transfer route? Mind you I have absolutely no idea on what I'd like to do as a career and am just jumping on what seems to be a better alternative.

Yes, I am also officially done with all of my apps. I didn't even realize that I had left the house maybe once over the first half of my break until after they were all submitted. Oh well, they're done now and I really hope that all of my paperwork at the high school was taken care of. Its really bad timing to have all of that stuff due when no faculty is available. And yes, I did give it to them well before the break, but I still don't know.

question: my last application supplement for Bard asks for a graded paper - should i send this in physically or should i make a .pdf and upload it? i can do either, but im not sure which is better.

last one to be sent out tomorrowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

hopefully my school has sent my fucking grades by now. bastards ignored the fact that me, along with almost 200 other kids, did not get their grades sent before new years for regular admissions deadlines. they better have them to my first due school by the 5th or someone is gonna dieeeeee.

question: my last application supplement for Bard asks for a graded paper - should i send this in physically or should i make a .pdf and upload it? i can do either, but im not sure which is better.

If you can do either, do whichever is more convenient. I would upload it.

i don't have adobe writer. nor a scanner. is there a way to make a pdf without having to have it btw?

i think i'll just mail it with my writing portfolio.

Oh, well if you don't have a scanner and you're already mailing other papers, just include it with them.

im taking english, math, and art history next semester, so whats another good class to take if i were to major in industrial design? actually, im a freshman this year, and im undeclared, but i plan on majoring in industrial design. i just need another class. and i took math, philosophy, and art the semester before this, if that matters any.

anyone????

yale is cool if you have a private airplane because its in the middle of nowhere but harvard also works if you only have a driver so you should probably let that influence your decision a bit

moneytuff, you sure know how to sound like an ignorant foreigner sometimes. don't get me wrong, you're a cool guy, but yale is in new haven, ct which is a small city. by no means is it big, but its a well known town, i grew up there, and its 1.5 hours from new york. its hardly in the middle of nowhere friend.

• 2 months later...
moneytuff, you sure know how to sound like an ignorant foreigner sometimes. don't get me wrong, you're a cool guy, but yale is in new haven, ct which is a small city. by no means is it big, but its a well known town, i grew up there, and its 1.5 hours from new york. its hardly in the middle of nowhere friend.

sorry to revive an old thread, but nearly no one has heard of new haven.

ps. I got into NYU today, bitches

end

sorry to revive an old thread, but nearly no one has heard of new haven.

ps. I got into NYU today, bitches

end

congrats. 4 years of sweet sweet mediocrity.

nah just kidding

my bro graduates from there in may along with sidlo.

what're you goin for?

new haven is a well know city. jim morrison got arrested there. yale is there. they have great pizza.