In ten years...

doctorgnar

Fashion is cyclical anyway. Anything that goes too far in any direction will never last though. For example, overly baggy clothing will never look right, neither will too fitted clothing. I think there's a middle line that fashion always tends to go back to.

That being said: Long live the white tee. Long live jeans. Long live American streetwear trends being gobbled up by the entire globe.

i agree, especially with that bit at the end... lol

I'm at least 10 years older than most posters here and I'm still wearing mostly what I would have answered 10 years ago. It's a weird thought to grow older on a message board, but maybe there'll be a "what did you wear 10 years ago that you dont now" thread in ten years. I wonder if anyone'll still be wearing dunks when he's 10 years older than now :eek:

Cosign Getsmart-

Brands have changed, but I've been a jeans, Tshirt and boots guy for a lot more than 10 years (I'll let you guess my age). Jeans and Ts never go out of style.

The funny thing is in the last six months I have picked up a half a dozen pair of sneakers, and before that I hadn't had any since high school(which was a long time ago).

Yeah, but saying jeans and tees never go out of style is like saying burgers and fries always taste good. Plenty of jeans go out of style - there and fits and washes of jeans that people wear on here now that will look absurd 10 years from now. Same with tees.

Yes, generally speaking, boots, jeans and shirts will all be fashionable in 10 years - but what specifically will you still be rocking in 10 years? Or what are you still wearing that you wore 10 years ago?

Id say; My Converse high chucks in black, Levi's 1947 jeans, other than that just some basics like AA tees and thermals. I think a lot of clothing gets pretty haggard after 10 years or so.

I'd like to say I will keep a lot of my clothing I have now, and i just may, but 10 years from now I'll be 33 and hopefully be somewhere totally different in my life. Change is good.

Anything that goes too far in any direction will never last though. For example, overly baggy clothing will never look right, neither will too fitted clothing. I think there's a middle line that fashion always tends to go back to.

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y

The classics are immune to time. Look at armani pants, the cut has remained the same for the most part while everyone has done flared and skinny pants. It has been the median forever that's why it will always be around. When I buy jeans, I don't buy skinny or baggy, just right. Just right never goes out of style only the extremes like TB mentioned.

im not sure your tru religions will stand the test of time, literally or stylistically. who knows, maybe they will be retro by then?

They've all been sold off ;)

I might pick up just a pair in my favorite wash (easy rider) sometime soon, and i'm looking at some boot cut sevens in mercer wash, a basic bootcut will be good for years to come.