Absolut Rejects 'Controversial' Ad

buckyanimal

http://www.adrants.com/2005/04/absolut-rejects-controversial-ad.php

ANIMAL, a Manhattan-based publishing, marketing and media company developed an Absolut ad that comments on the controversial planned sale of the West Side Rail Yards for $700 million. ANIMAL Publisher Bucky Turco explains, “I basically sent this mock ad to Absolut to try and get ANIMAL on their radar in regards to doing creative work and cool events.â€

Absolut, however, was not amused and ANIMAL received several irate emails. One stating bluntly, “take me off your mailing list,†and the others to the effect that Absolut does not accept outside solicitations. Turco explains the reasoning behind the ad, “In addition to getting Absolut’s attention we wanted to comment on the sale of the West Side yard. $700 million for 14 acres on prime waterfront in Manhattan? That’s the best we can do?â€

http://www.asabailey.com/banned_un.htm

This ad wasn't allowed on air either...

Shocking...

Done by Asa Bailey Viral, Directed by The Brooklyn Brothers NYC.

Good way of bringing a real problem that people face every day to our exceptionally safe society.

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666" (Rev. 13:16-18).

Moniker there is no big deal, that's the funny thing about this whole Absolut so called contoversy thing.

It's basically this simple. Absolut employs certain agencies to do their work for them. OMD does the media placements, TBWA does their creative.

I mean I knew that Absolut wasn't just going to buy the concept. No way would that happen.

The attempt was two fold: one to get on their radar, two to voice my opposition to selling 14 acres of the most prime real estate in the Western Hemisphere for a measely $700 million.

But I appreciate it, and hopefully TBWA will consider hiring ANIMAL to do some creative.

If they don't no worries, life goes on.