The John Mayer is a Fucktard Thread

MilSpex

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOOOOOO, john mayer cannot join the streetwearz boyz club, he does not meet the requirements to buy wtaps, supreme, bape, fragment or neighborhood. you can only wear these brands if you know them since day one(day two maximum).

he ain't even black, asian, or some white dude who plays paintball and is seriously obcessed with war and tactical Ops because he was rejected from the army, he CANNOT wear the streetwearzzzz

fucking this guy really is retarded

September 23, 2007

...can be as simple as a diamond awaiting its new owner in a box made of crystal... or a giant red bow made from the pelt of the rare Crimson Mountain Beaver banded around a brand new sports car...I like to say luxury is when the light from the chandelier bounces off your champagne bottle, refracts off the gold tub accents and the glistens off your breast milk moustache.

So too is this customized Blackberry Curve.

hb9.22.2-thumb.jpg

hb9.22.1-thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

http://johnmayer.com/blog#1985

Death to Douchebag

1 of a 129-part series on the year that was 2007,

By John Mayer

"Douchebag."

"What a douchebag."

It feels good to say, "douchebag." It's got two different plosive sounds, the "D" and "B", and nicely wedged between is a wonderful "sh" sound (technically known as a voiceless palato-alveolar sibilant, at the risk of coming off douchey) that, when preceded with "oooooh", give your lips the sensation of sliding on a hardwood floor in a pair of woolen socks.

And "douchebag" was on the vinegary tips of everyone's tongues this year. Trouble is, I'm not really clear on what it means, and I don't know that anyone does. I know that I get called one. Pete Wentz from Fallout Boy, by measure of a google search, is a douchebag 11,100 times over, or the number of results that the search engine says exist. Zach Braff, who himself wrote one of the better films I've seen in the last decade is also frequently 'bagged, as is some guy named Brody Jenner. In fact, if you want to go big, so is Michael Stipe, Bono ("supreme douchebag"), Thom Yorke, Will Smith and Brad Pitt.

Are you as confused as I am as to what the common denominator of douchiness is? Is it someone that comes off obnoxious? Self aggrandizing? Ignorant? Or is it just someone who exists out of another person's comfort zone? And doesn't that account for almost everyone in the world, celebrity or otherwise? Don't most people, given the fact that they're NOT US lie somewhere outside our comfort zone? Ohhhhh...OR...is being a douchebag actually all about having a bigger smile than someone else deems you deserve to in life? I think I'm onto something here. Stick with me.

In the case of Pete Wentz, whom I can comment on personally, I think the guy's got the job description of musician down pretty damn well. True, it's not your dad's rock star template, but he'd be inauthentic if he tried to fit inside it. Pete Wentz has a truckload of ideas. Big, bold, colorful ideas. They're ideas that have never once had their edges sanded down, and for that reason some people might find him or his band too much to swallow. You know who else had that going for them in their day? Frank Zappa. And David Bowie. And Peter Gabriel. And Elton John. And the Doors. Pretty much every rock band from A-Z existed because of their ignoring conventional boundaries. Pete's going to keep pretending. Because that's all art really is. You puff up your sense of pretend as big as you can and then try and live up to it. (Maybe that's what people think being a douchebag is?)

I personally don't mind being called a douchebag. I've met my fair share of bloggers, and I'm much, much taller than them. It's also because I need there to be some push on the castle walls, so to speak. I'm not happy when people agree. (Don't make me start listing the names of seminal artists that weren't either.) I think it's easier to call "douchebag" than to confront the possibility that:

THERE ARE OTHER PERSONALITIES IN THIS WORLD THAT ARE NOT INHERENTLY SYMPATHETIC TO OUR OWN.

Maybe I should take this opportunity to define douchebag once and for all; I think if enjoying your life as you choose happens to spill over into treating others without respect, then you're a total, world-class douchebag.

But then wouldn't that also serve as a fitting description of the boy who cried "douche"?

Maybe it's just really fun to say.

yeah that's pretty fucking retarded. hard to believe john would right that considering the guy pretty much owns the rights to blues guitar after clapton and the king pass away. but oh well, different strokes right?

oh god. this is like how robin thicke is considered blue eyed soul boy # 1.

but remember clapton cant die because he has his own signature pair of redwings remember

Atleast John Mayer has a talent that's worth more than an hourly wage.

Get off your ass and make some money and do something that deserves a blog on honeyee.

Having a huge green e-peen, dressing well, or having the most knowlege of the history of streetwear but not actually using it to accomplish anything but bitching on internet forums will not get you the blog tho, so you might want to work on something else that you might be good at.

...can be as simple as a diamond awaiting its new owner in a box made of crystal... or a giant red bow made from the pelt of the rare Crimson Mountain Beaver banded around a brand new sports car...I like to say luxury is when the light from the chandelier bounces off your champagne bottle, refracts off the gold tub accents and the glistens off your breast milk moustache.

Man he may have talent, but anyone who write this about "luxury" is a fucking douche-bag.

i'm not sure about what being taller than bloggers have to do with anything, but i generally agree with mayer. his unique situation of having two separate audiences to address is interesting since the people that buy his music and the people that hate him on forums and blogs generally don't overlap much.

• 2 years later...

i love how john mayer keeps posting absolutely retarded shit on his blog/ the internet and people fail that to see that he is just having a laugh about it.

seriously, how can you people hate? he is absolutely hilarious and one of the best guitar players alive.