Sign in to follow this  
tothetracks

DIY photo mounting...whadaya know?

Are their any budding am SF photographers interested in sharing DIY mounting techniques? I am particularly interested in unconventional means. I have a lot of photos and a lot of wall space. I am also interested in outside resources.

I can't remember the name of it, but there was a site posted on here before where you could send them an image and they would blow it up huge and mail it to you for a fee.....although that might have nothing to do with what you are looking for. It is pretty cool nonetheless.

you can try aluminum or plex. a friend of mine poured resin on a series of images.

i don't know how unconventional those are, but i find them very pleasing aesthetically.

I can't remember the name of it, but there was a site posted on here before where you could send them an image and they would blow it up huge and mail it to you for a fee.....although that might have nothing to do with what you are looking for. It is pretty cool nonetheless.

let me know what that site is, need to get some pics blown up

I print them myself on 13x19 ilford gallerie pearl papers, and made the image itself 20x30cm, IIRC, and they fit perfectly on the Ikea black photo frame...

I have like 8 of them on the walls in my condo, here's how they look like:

148538486_b837baa3fd.jpg