educate me on number(n)ine clothing...

Guest StuckOnStupid

it's a rock inspired japanese label by takahiro miyashita. he's secretive about his clothes and he's moved his store location in tokyo three times when people caught on too much. he just opened his first store in tribeca.

That sounds more like PR stunts than anything else. It seems to me that the brand is popular to the point that being "secretive" about it it pretty meaningless, considering how widely available and widely worn the clothes are.

They do jackets and sweaters pretty well I think. Some of their other stuff, like the tees, aren't quite as impressive. You'll definitely be paying top dollar if you want the real thing, and typically only a handful of places sell it.

One interesting point that no one has mentioned is that a lot of times an individual collection will be "inspired" by different bands. Last summer was Guns & Roses. Before that he had the Beatles (one of my favorites), Nirvana, etc. If you're into a particular band's "look", it's a good way to reinterpret their styles.

As with anything, it's been garnering quite a bit of hype lately, especially since it started showing in Paris. In about two years it'll be everywhere and everyone here will hate it if they don't already.

One interesting point that no one has mentioned is that a lot of times an individual collection will be "inspired" by different bands. Last summer was Guns & Roses. Before that he had the Beatles (one of my favorites), Nirvana, etc. If you're into a particular band's "look", it's a good way to reinterpret their styles.

no one mentioned it because it's so obvious...

it is fuckin insane. my favorite label. tres cher, but if you can afford it, it has afew amazing pieces each season. we're talking $160 t shirts though. you can buy their shit online at

http://cliffedge.co.jp

I saw some of the same shirts there for 40% off at the new bloomindales in San francisco.They also had some nice ass jackets for half off...still comes to like $700. Not my steez