what kind of shoes do you wear to nightclubs?

Guest nyctaipei

Cheap Aldos that look ok but are really uncomfortable. The clubs I go to arent the most fashion forward. Everytime I go out, some pikey kid with square toe loafers and slicked back hair will spill his snakebite on me, so theres no incentive at all to wear any shoes I care about not getting stained, chipped, scuffed, or sticky.

more suggestions

you can't get into places a lot of places in ny without shoes

so thats what i'm looking for

nice nightclub shoes :)

yes, and these are the types of places you should be avoiding, unless you're into overpriced drinks and repetitive house music.

but if you are, i'd second the suggestion to grab a pair of Aldo shoes.

i pride the fact ive never hit da clubz.

ive never been anywhere that would frown on the fact im wearing a hat and sneakers.

why dont you just wear wallies or some shit?

Cuz he wants to get some puuuuunaniiii! You cant bag a sugar momma wearing 3 bears dunks if the competition is all sporting Gucci loafers and pointy leather ankle highs with tiny silver eagle emblems on them.

more suggestions

you can't get into places a lot of places in ny without shoes

so thats what i'm looking for

nice nightclub shoes :)

really, here the uniform of choice is to go euro-thrashy. no one wears shoes. the only clubs where you have to wear shoes are bad hip-hop clubs...

just go to aldo and get something like others suggested, or get some clark's

it very much depends on what the club is and how many girls you have with you. bring enough hot girls in and/or buy enough bottles and you can wear a grey sweatsuit and jesus sandals out to clubs if you want.

personally my guidelines are 1/ looks decent (doesn't have to be some amazing shit, no one cares about/is looking at your shoes inside the club...and see the golden rule re: girls above); 2/ they have to be comfortable; 3/ i dont care if i get home and they're a different color (or colors) from having shit spilled on them.

I think the best idea so far was swears.

Will the clubs that make you wear "shoes" allow leather sneakers for example leather slip ons or leather jack purcells? Otherwise I'd be at a loss too. Swears or Leather sneaks all the way =/

Generally I probably wouldnt be going to clubs like that anyhow.

Do not buy any of the shoes posted on the last page. Not the Kenneth Coles, especially, but also don't waste $600 on those tacky Costume Nationals or even $200 on whatever those ones the guy got at Barneys were.

First off, avoid square-toed shoes. Just do it. While I'm sure there are some decent ones out there (maybe, there are far 10 billion others that are just hideous and from the Kenneth Cole's you linked I doubt you'll be able to tell the difference.

Secondly, something that can take abuse should probably just be something cheap more than anything else.

Here's the cheapest, cleanest looking ones I could find in about 5 minutes:

30341248pin5.jpg

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/225925/c/3.html

My humble suggestion.

///hahaha.

Cuz he wants to get some puuuuunaniiii! You cant bag a sugar momma wearing 3 bears dunks if the competition is all sporting Gucci loafers and pointy leather ankle highs with tiny silver eagle emblems on them.

Do not buy any of the shoes posted on the last page. Not the Kenneth Coles, especially, but also don't waste $600 on those tacky Costume Nationals or even $200 on whatever those ones the guy got at Barneys were.

First off, avoid square-toed shoes. Just do it. While I'm sure there are some decent ones out there (maybe, there are far 10 billion others that are just hideous and from the Kenneth Cole's you linked I doubt you'll be able to tell the difference.

Secondly, something that can take abuse should probably just be something cheap more than anything else.

Here's the cheapest, cleanest looking ones I could find in about 5 minutes:

[ig]http://img153.iageshack.us/img153/5545/3041248pin5.jpg[/img]

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/225925/c/3.html

My humble suggestion.

IMO the quality on Bostonians leather is crap. better to get some allen edmonds off ebay if you're looking for that simple classy shoe.

I agree. If you're willing to work for it, get some Edmond's off of eBay (this is how I get a majority of my "dressier" shoes), I only suggested Zappos as that's where your original shoes came from. The trick is to get them cheap enough, again, that it won't really "matter" so much if they get more or less trashed.

Nobody cares about your shoes in the club. Like the above posters, bring hot girls or be seen with hot women. I rock alfredo bannisters because they are cheap, stylish, and if they get scratched or scuffed, I couldn't care less...don't wear fancy shit to a club. You'll just get sweaty, hot, or have some drunk girl spill her cosmo on it...plus you'll smell like cigs and alcohol the next morning.

Nobody cares about your shoes in the club. Like the above posters, bring hot girls or be seen with hot women. I rock alfredo bannisters because they are cheap, stylish, and if they get scratched or scuffed, I couldn't care less...don't wear fancy shit to a club. You'll just get sweaty, hot, or have some drunk girl spill her cosmo on it...plus you'll smell like cigs and alcohol the next morning.

Whenever I get this smell on mw raw denim it smells like shit for two days or so, and then it actually smells sort of nice, for some reason. Like this bizarre cinnamony-smoky sort of smell. Could just be me.

Another interesting thing to do is to go to a bonfire where people are burning pine. My jeans smelled awesome for like a week. People did start to suspect that I may not have been washing my clothes, however...

Whenever I get this smell on mw raw denim it smells like shit for two days or so, and then it actually smells sort of nice, for some reason. Like this bizarre cinnamony-smoky sort of smell. Could just be me.

Another interesting thing to do is to go to a bonfire where people are burning pine. My jeans smelled awesome for like a week. People did start to suspect that I may not have been washing my clothes, however...

really? but was that firey smokey smell that noticeable? I cant stand the way i smell after a night next to the bonfire. i cant stand that smell. I do like pine smell though. Maybe it smells different on denim.

As far as what to wear at a club the people here in San Diego pretty much all look and dress exactly the same at the clubs. Spikey messy gel'ed hair, the long sleave button up shirt with some vertical lines and maybe a design on it, maybe a sport jacket (half the time) some true religion or sevens jeans (majority of the time its true religion). and some super funky shoes from the future.

This is about 70% of the males at the clubs. Was out last night and it looked like that just like every other night.