APC vs Nudie? help for decision

shinobi2000

Made up my mind to get a pair of dry selvage jeans and I've narrowed it down to Nudies or APC. The APCs fit me better in the thighs and I somehow like their "shine" better, and they are less expensive. I was looking at their hipster cut specifically. Unfortunately their waists are a little loose on me and if I try to go down in size the thighs are too tight. The Nudies (Regular Ralf) fit my waist better but the thighs are a bit too loose, plus they are more expensive. Can anyone help me come to a decision? Much obliged...

shinobi2000:

I had the same problem with the APC Hipsters. If the Nudie RRs are too loose, maybe you should try the APC New Standards. The waist fits me a lot better than the Hipsters and they are (much) narrower in the legs than the Nudies.

Actually I think APCs are way underpriced. I think they should be about $180 for the quality of denim. I bet they will raise the price once they get a bigger cult following. I want them to come out with that 506XX copy jacket again, did you guys see that last season? Cheers, Joel

I'm not illiterate, I just can't type!

1112216788617_lee1.JPG

Thanks. Steve Alan (online) has them for $220, which seemed to me kinda steep; I had only seen them listed on Euro-sites and wasn't sure if they ran higher in the States.

-Maybe designers/retailers are lurkering on supertalk and thus exploiting our weakness for dry selvage icon_smile.gif

and the winner is.....APC!

Thanks for all the input guys... Well when I started this post, I had already tried both and had been edging toward APC. I just like their fits better than Nudies'. The only barrier was the waist issue. Well they must run big because in the last 8 years, across dozens and dozens of different brands of pants, khakis, chinos, jeans, cargos, shorts etc, I have always bought size 32's despite being like a size 30 waist. I guess I just like a looser fit. I have 2 pants total with a size 31 in my wardrobe. Well seeing how I really liked the way the APCs fit my legs , I took the plunge and tried a size 30 of the Hipsters and lo and behold, they fit the waist without the thighs being too tight. So dilemma solved! I agree with the evaluation of the denim... they look and feel better than the Nudies and at almost half the price! they were $120 compared to the Nudies I looked at which were $220. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Quote:

my personal tastes would have me leaning to the APC, I already own a pair of the anglais and I think that nudie's have plain old too much shit going on in regards to the stitching on the back pockets.

not feeling it one bit.

--- Original message by poobrowne on Apr 5, 2005 04:32 PM

Couldn't one just tear out the back stiching with a seam ripper? I am considering that if I go Nudie instead of A.P.C.

• 5 weeks later...

hahaha... its not just this thread. here and another forum I'm on *everyone* has a pair of APCs, and they all heard about it online. A lot of us have Nudies too. To maintain cool, I have to find something not many others have. I'm thinking Julian Red Californias...14.5oz Japanese, slim straight, selvage, also Swedish

Quote:

I as well like the stitching on Nudies (as apparent in my avatar :))

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Apr 6, 2005 11:39 AM

Much as I like my Regular Ralf Dry Selvage, I still think the back pocket detail is like a Seven jeans on steroids. icon_smile.gif

SELFRIDGES & CO (M) - 400 Oxford Street - W1A 1AB Londres

LIBERTY (M&W) - Regent Street - W1B 5AH Londres

DIVERSE MEN (M) - 286 Upper street - N1 2TU Londres

AIME (M&W) - 32 Ledbury road - W11 2AB Londres

Second post in a row, all that information is available @ www.apc.fr

Buy a pair, they are fantastic.

Denim Fanatismé.

The Arc - Hitting the selvage from August 1st 2005.

xx01.gif

skecr8t, are u in london?

Anyone know what roughly pricing is like in London? Everyone has been telling me going from Melbourne to London is the worst in terms of cost of everything, it is really expensive. Can anyone shed some light?

Cheers

Try it, you'll like it!

Quote:

New Standard!

Gotta love them, I just bought another pair in white, they are... omg.

--- Original message by skecr8r on May 8, 2005 02:30 PM

those are the ones listed as 'ecru' in color on the website right? are they actually 'true' white or more of that ecru/cream/light tan color? and are they rigid/raw? if they're cream and rigid they would def. have potential, although it doesn't look like they've got the constrasting gold stitching.

i remember in highschool i was in tjmaxx by the jeans rack and there were a couple black kids flippin out over several pairs rigid ecru-colored 501's: "look man, cream hards!" and they were fresh!: constrasting gold/orange stitching and everything.

btw those 'inside-out' new standards they used to have on the apc site were interesting. constructed like normal new standards, but w/the fabric facing inside-out (warp and weft showing).