Supreme's Theme is Rudeness?

sygyzy

Been to the NY & LA shops more than enough times & never had a problem at all. Laid back

vibe, etc. Lookin' for Dunks or whatever is one thing but I don't really understand wanting to

buy a shirt with a shops logo on it? They should be paying you to wear it!

Attitude is most likely just self preservation.... probably bummed that to many folks are in

there supporting their brand for the wrong reasons? It's like when a bunch of kooks start

listening to your favorite band maybe....?

-Dub

Youre right, im sure they do much more. i often get bored on weekends. i wouldnt mind working in a retail store after working 40 hrs or more a week. folding clothes, snapping at customers. how do we know its all they do? besides skateboarding? why would anyone resort to folding clothes and waiting on people if they did better things? i think jimmy jazz is hiring i might apply bc i wanna do more.

Quote:

well i've said it before, and i'll say it again, ryan hickey and gio at supreme have to be the unhappiest people in the world. the new surfer guy is pretty nice, but he's still got the attitude.

the irish guy at clientele has got to be the unhappiest guy too.

who are these guys on their phone / sidekicks with all day anyways?

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on Apr 24, 2005 09:51 PM

They probably think your fucking retarded for knowing their first names. Get a grip, sonny.

Looky here, it's just the way the cookie tear. Prepare to get hurt and mangled like Kurt Angle, rookie year.

^^^

YOUR AN IDIOT. DID YOU EVEN WATCH THAT PSA? IT WAS ABOUT NOT HAVING AIDS AND THAT PEOPLE SHOULDN'T FEEL WEIRD ABOUT GETTING CHECKED.

DON'T PULL HIS NAME OUT AND TALK ABOUT THINGS YOU HAVE NO CLUE OF.

YOU JUST JOINED AND THAT'S THE BEST YOU CAN DO? FUCKING INTERNET...

TO THE REST... DO US AND YOURSELF THE FAVOR AND EITHER STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE TEAM OR STOP SHOPPING AT SUPREME.

ACTUALLY HOW ABOUT BOTH...

TALKING SHIT AND THINKING NO ONE IS GONNA READ THIS IS FULLY RETARDED.

STOP HIDING...

LA BREA DURING THE WEEK, FAIRFAX ON THE WEEKEND

MY NAME IS JUPITER...GO FUCK YOURSELF!

SHIT IS WACK

There is another way to look at this situation. Perhaps the Supreme Team aren't really customer service associates. Or "T-shirt folders/salesmen". Perhaps they are are Brand Reps, like at Abercrombie & Fitch. Just there to represent the image/values of Supreme, not really to sell merch, or help serve customers needs/wants.

BTW, Abercrombie now sells selvage denim for $198.

Quote:

ignoring is one thing, but refusal to sell and rudeness is smart?

i;m sick of going in there and having them tell me to come back some other day for a size when they most likely have it in the back room?

am i mistaken, that they really do not have the tee in store when they say something like "come back monday"?

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on Apr 25, 2005 09:03 PM

HAHAHA you gettin herbed when you go shopping sorry but that's mad funny.

~multiflavored RodLavers~

http://abelnyc.com

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA

Quote:

Youre right, im sure they do much more. i often get bored on weekends. i wouldnt mind working in a retail store after working 40 hrs or more a week. folding clothes, snapping at customers. how do we know its all they do? besides skateboarding? why would anyone resort to folding clothes and waiting on people if they did better things? i think jimmy jazz is hiring i might apply bc i wanna do more.

--- Original message by jek on Apr 25, 2005 01:17 PM

now i'm the first one to judge people, don't get me wrong. grew up in nyc and i love hating on everyone. but on the really, you have absolutely no idea what retail store employees do in their spare time. or maybe you DO know...and i'm not sure which would be more pathetic...but i digress.

i just think it's wrong to call out a man's methods of making money. especially when it's only because you are...angry at these guys' malicious sabotage of your shopping experience...? whoops---looks like you need to re-evaulate your priorities!

it's funny though, in that usually a store needs you more than you need them. here, it's the opposite and look at the effect! remarkable! any marketing grad student could write their thesis on this thread.

ha. propers to Supremo.

~multiflavored RodLavers~

http://abelnyc.com

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA

This thread is great! Good times!

Jek, you are sooo outta line...you sound like a bitter yuppie herb. Why you trying to be down then when all you can do is hate? They don't want you. Face facts, you sound crazy. Go to Bloomingdale's kid, spend that dough then, sheeeeesh. Talking about punching sweet shop boys in the face. You need to get your paypal shit rockin and do your thing on ebay.

Everyone else, come on. You wouldn't even want Supreme if they were nice to everyone. Of course they are herbing you and not selling to you and sitting on stock in the back and telling you not to touch stuff and no they're not gonna sell you a logo tee....I mean -- COME ON, this is not news...how long has the company been around? This is a decade deep...you know how the fam rolls.

Premium and exclusivity go hand in hand people. You all want in and they know it. And no, they totally don't need you one little bit. Get it? Hello?

Shop boys at the best stores make the world go round.....play your position.

damn, I wrote this long post and it didn't get up....here's the short version:

This thread is the best, I am super entertained.

First poster, sorry they were rude to you....but certainly everyone else on this site should know how things are. The bickering and opinions are so amazing....for Supreme.

Jek, you are waaaay outta line -- you sound like a punk yuppie herb. Why are you trying to be down, when you really need to take your big fat paycheck and manly man self over to Bloomingdale's. Atrium is a great store! Lacoste is opening on Spring soon! At the very least, get your pay pal account rocking and work some ebay -- cuz you talking about punching out little shop boys at DQM is gross. You cound crazy. They don't want you. Get it?

And that, kids, is the bottom line. Exclusivity and premium go hand in hand. You want in and they know it and yes they are herbing you and yes they have stock in the back and no they don't want to sell you a friggin logo tee and no please don't touch things and NO...they don't need your business. You're not down but you want to be. And trust me, if they were sweet and accomodating to everyone, you wouldn't want it anymore. Calling the manager....good one. But no. This is Supreme -- this is more than a decade deep....what are you not getting by now? Play your position.

Shop boys at the best stores make the world go 'round. It's a family thing, not a customer service thing.

damn, I wrote this long post and it didn't get up....here's the short version:

This thread is the best, I am super entertained.

First poster, sorry they were rude to you....but certainly everyone else on this site should know how things are. The bickering and opinions are so amazing....for Supreme.

Jek, you are waaaay outta line -- you sound like a punk yuppie herb. Why are you trying to be down, when you really need to take your big fat paycheck and manly man self over to Bloomingdale's. Atrium is a great store! Lacoste is opening on Spring soon! At the very least, get your pay pal account rocking and work some ebay -- cuz you talking about punching out little shop boys at DQM is gross. You cound crazy. They don't want you. Get it?

And that, kids, is the bottom line. Exclusivity and premium go hand in hand. You want in and they know it and yes they are herbing you and yes they have stock in the back and no they don't want to sell you a friggin logo tee and no please don't touch things and NO...they don't need your business. You're not down but you want to be. And trust me, if they were sweet and accomodating to everyone, you wouldn't want it anymore. Calling the manager....good one. But no. This is Supreme -- this is more than a decade deep....what are you not getting by now? Play your position.

Shop boys at the best stores make the world go 'round. It's a family thing, not a customer service thing.

If your being fronted on by the people in there holding the place down it's most likely

because they don't wanna sell you their stuff.

They don't wanna see you in it...

Sounds brutal but thats what its really all about in the culture Supremes involved in right?

A kind of brand maintenence & management / Herb control...

Pretty lame in theory but I'm guessing that this could be why certain people might have trouble.

When I was a kid I worked in a surf shop that had everybody all hot & bothered.

People would come from all over the freakin place for a T & we hated it as employees

& people involved in that culture. The idea that some Herb could walk in because somehow

we had gotten on his radar & then he would be reppin' our spot with some of our gear...

Depressed us.

It's a delicate balance in "boutique" retail... Nobody wants to be the next Von Dutch / Bape

so they act like pricks & play you off until you don't come back I'm guessing?

In conclusion: You're either a person who gets told, "come back next week cause we're out"...

or, "hey man we've got some pretty fresh stuff in the back so just holler at me"...

Sounds like this thread has both types. LOL

-Dub