Bicyclettes

canice

I duno man, good luck getting someone to pay that..my IRO sold for $285 on eBay

tony, or a proxy on his behalf, has been selling them for $499 + shipping on ebay for months, which i assume is part of the reason the frameset i put a deposit on was sold. i've seen pretty much every other one out there go between $400-550 shipped, so i ballparked it off that.

thief is probably from superfuture or styleforum (why styleforum? because dey hatin')

sorry to hear about your loss.

but if you had one choice. bike or shoes?

BIKE.

i got jacked while i was at work. i parked my car in a pay lot, went to work, and when i came back there was no bicycle. they used a slim jim on my shit

well the leader frame exceeded my expectations..

rides smooth, but im scared to do wheelies cuz it's aluminum. crmo fork tho.

should i be worried?

298727560.jpg

i painted it ultra silver first, but it was so ugly it looked like stripped metal..

also for jackets i think you should just throw on another $20 and pick up a northface venture jacket. $99 its nice, lightweight but super waterproof, good for all of your above.

edit: yes soma straps still going strong haha. thru the rain and shine. no stretchiness either.

should i be worried?

298727560.jpg

i painted it ultra silver first, but it was so ugly it looked like stripped metal..

also for jackets i think you should just throw on another $20 and pick up a northface venture jacket. $99 its nice, lightweight but super waterproof, good for all of your above.

edit: yes soma straps still going strong haha. thru the rain and shine. no stretchiness either.

that doesn't look too bad. very non-matchy in a bad way tho..i dunno.

ride is smooth u say?

im scared to do wheelies cuz it's aluminum. crmo fork tho.

should i be worried?

298727560.jpg

the aerospoke is gonna make your front end very stiff. but i have an aluminum frame and carbon fork. i fux with barspins and its not soo much your frame its how hard you come down. practice holding wheelies and you witth gain more control on how hard or soft you come down. also bail off the rear, it saves your front rim.

and also we are having a sale on mens hyvent and gore-tex shells at the northface in berkeley. 30%

fuck, I want a soviet frame.

There's one on ebay right now but it's just a bit too small. I'd consider bidding anyways, but the last thing I need is a bike that's too small. No matter how awesome it is.

I met a guy here with a beat up gold soviet frame paired to aluminum disk wheel in back. Probably my favorite bike i've ever seen in person. It just looked... badass. He said it weighed a ton but could take any damage you'd throw at it.

should i be worried?

298727560.jpg

WHAT ThE BIKE!?

that's not your listing is it?

that guy is crazy.

From the auction:

"There's a back brake hole even though brakes are for flakes. This is a bit of London all packaged up in steel. If you want to be a fakenger or just have a lovely ride every day, this is for you. Radio and courier bag not included, sense of rebel cool is."

somebody tell me how to be as rebel cool as this guy.

that's not your listing is it?

that guy is crazy.

Nah, ain't my auction.

He sounds like he's taking the piss, which isn't surprising as London is awash with fakengers at the moment. As soon as the sun comes out, out come the Specialized Langsters with chopped down flat bars.

from the leaderbike site:

"You asked for it we got it! Leader?s 720TR Fixed Gear frame was designed to provide base for a fixed-gear or single speed bike. Do not let the aero tube set fool you, 720TR is perfect for commuter or messenger bike, and just cruising around. 720TR is drilled to accept calipers, and it comes with 2 sets of water bottle bosses. 720TR is made with tough Series 6061 T6 HT double butted aluminum. The 720TR Fixed Gear frame geometry is similar to road bikes with an aggressive, exciting and comfortable ride. 720TR frame has horizontal dropouts, 120mm rear spacing. The horizontal dropouts have ample room for adjustment; you can use any combination of chain ring/cog choices. 720TR also has built in chain tensioners (set screws) so you can crank it as hard as you like. You can also convert this frame into a track racing bike by just flipping your seat post around. "

flip the seatpost whaa?

http://velospace.org/node/7084 this guys looks allright:

GetAttachment-2.aspx.jpeg

mine is funky cuz it's a 50cm.. im plagued with the sloping tt's cuz im short :[

no toe overlap ^^

from the leaderbike site:

"You asked for it we got it! Leader?s 720TR Fixed Gear frame was designed to provide base for a fixed-gear or single speed bike. Do not let the aero tube set fool you, 720TR is perfect for commuter or messenger bike, and just cruising around. 720TR is drilled to accept calipers, and it comes with 2 sets of water bottle bosses. 720TR is made with tough Series 6061 T6 HT double butted aluminum. The 720TR Fixed Gear frame geometry is similar to road bikes with an aggressive, exciting and comfortable ride. 720TR frame has horizontal dropouts, 120mm rear spacing. The horizontal dropouts have ample room for adjustment; you can use any combination of chain ring/cog choices. 720TR also has built in chain tensioners (set screws) so you can crank it as hard as you like. You can also convert this frame into a track racing bike by just flipping your seat post around. "

flip the seatpost whaa?

http://velospace.org/node/7084 this guys looks allright:

GetAttachment-2.aspx.jpeg

mine is funky cuz it's a 50cm.. im plagued with the sloping tt's cuz im short :[

no toe overlap ^^

I think it's referring to creating a steeper effective seat tube angle for more pursuit-ish geometry. Similar to how the Cervelo P3C has two mounting points on its seat tube for sprint and pursuit.

From the auction:

"There's a back brake hole even though brakes are for flakes. This is a bit of London all packaged up in steel. If you want to be a fakenger or just have a lovely ride every day, this is for you. Radio and courier bag not included, sense of rebel cool is."

somebody tell me how to be as rebel cool as this guy.

pretty simple, just remember brakes are for flakes and ride hard