Bicyclettes

canice

I brought up the non NJS for 2 reasons-

1. curious if there was a reason they aren't certified, like, tried to get cert'd and didn't pass.

2. non NJS means they are even harder to find info about it seems.

Just dropped 300$ on clothes today though, so we'll have to see about the bike..

So far, 2008 is not my year with bikes...

- Took apart Gitane to sell.

- Re"built" up Pake, with pedals, seat, wheelset from Gitane.

- Went to exchange chain breaking tool. Pakes bottom bracket is fucked.

- Changed wheelsets around to double check, nope. Bottom bracket is loose or something.

- Went to break chain. Breaks tool instead, AGAIN...

- Late for work, had no choice but to put Gitane back together all over again... Put back cranks and pedals and got metal splinter. Shit hurts.

Shit is supwemely lame...

www.xanga.com type shit.

1. curious if there was a reason they aren't certified, like, tried to get cert'd and didn't pass.

Just dropped 300$ on clothes today though, so we'll have to see about the bike..

they are meant for the "street" mainly for training. I once saw a aluminum non njs keirin frame made by samson.

and Alan Pursuit ( DUNNNO THE BRAND but it was made in italy)

they r all new old stock...just want to know what brand is ALAN??

Cheers,

Dub.

ALAN is still around. The bikes are INSANE and they made a bunch of bikes for other people in the '80s. Guerciotti (most notably), Colnago, a bunch of others with other decals.

ALAN stands for Aluminum Anodized. The famous bikes produced from the late '70s to around 92 to were ultra-light aluminum bikes with alloy lugs. They looks awesome, are super fuckin' light, and ride sooooo nice. I had a cross ALAN, which is probably one of the most iconic and underrated bikes ever.

You definitely are trading stiffness for weight, but the ride is so great (as long as you aren't heavy rider.)

Stunt... nice tools are better than nice parts 10x... Chain tools are expensive for what they are but are totally worth it. Park's folding is nearly shop quality for a compact tool.

like another dude said, a lot of the keirin builders do aluminum frames, road frames, etc. i don't think its a question of them applying and losing the bid, its that those frames have to adhere to specific guidelines. i haven't read a bad thing about a zunow. the one i was bidding on had crazy lugwork and a wishbone seat stay.

Well kids, I sold my GB IRO. What frame to get now? Currently I am deciding between a Surly Steamroller and the Kilo TT (when the frameset will be for sale).

There is no difference in them, they're both 4130. I guess the Surly can accept insane tires, but no fender mounts and things make it shitty for that, so I guess I am leaning towards getting the Kilo. Anything else to take a look at? Since I can get the Surly for a lil over $300 from UniversalCycles, lets make that my budget. Oh, one more thing, I'd like a threadless fork/frame.

Oh and anyone looking for a carbon fork w/ an steel steere? I got a Time 45mm rake one that is threaded, 1". 6 1/2" of steer tube, 1 3/8" of threading. It's too long for my frames to go threaded and too short if I were to chop it to do threadless. Let's say $70 shipped in the States.

0ec9_1.JPG

knucks-- any kind of geo you particularly favor? if you're down with more road clearance/geometry-- the lemond fillmore is pretty decent steel/construction and has fender mounts. however-- it is drilled front and back for brakes (which can be a good thing when mounting back fenders) and has cable stops. it does have a higher price point though.

i have some fender rack brackets for frames that don't have brackets-- i toured a few states and had a back rack + panniers to carry clothes, food, tools, tent, and a sleeping bag and have no complaints about it. Yeah it isn't perfect and doesn't look super beautiful-- but they worked just fine through rain, dirt, and distance.

You could also hunt for some more odd road conversions... For instance, I have a mid 90's Miyata touring frame with fairly aggressive geometry (i have slight toe overlap on this bike)... and like all other touring frames, it has rack mounts. only disadvantage of the 712A is the thin gauged aluminum tubing. WTF where they thinking!? gahhhhhhHHHHhHHHhhhhhHHHHhHhHhhHhh (the sound you make when you ride over SF streets on that thing or after a 20 mile ride).

if you ride around a 61cm and are really lookin to save some money, i have a friend who might be looking to move his KHS flite. has rack mounts, drilled for brakes, no cable stops, threaded fork, no dents, standard paint scratches because it's a well loved bike

1200895364_5d4432f064_b.jpg

so the fuji arrived this morning. just assembled it about an hour ago.

there's a dent in the top tube from the drops. WHAT THE FUCK? fucking seller didn't mention anything about no dent. fucker. i want to return it. seller better fucking pay for partial or all of the shipping. or i can sell on craigslist, but i want my money back.

Rape that fucker for all that it's worth. IMO he owes you ATLEAST $100+shipping back.

dystaind: I ride a 51cm right now, so that KHS is out of the picture lol. I don't mind my current Schwinn World Sport, but would want tighter geo. Nothing tighter than the Mercier Kilo TT though..

ALAN is still around. The bikes are INSANE and they made a bunch of bikes for other people in the '80s. Guerciotti (most notably), Colnago, a bunch of others with other decals.

ALAN stands for Aluminum Anodized. The famous bikes produced from the late '70s to around 92 to were ultra-light aluminum bikes with alloy lugs. They looks awesome, are super fuckin' light, and ride sooooo nice. I had a cross ALAN, which is probably one of the most iconic and underrated bikes ever.

You definitely are trading stiffness for weight, but the ride is so great (as long as you aren't heavy rider.)

Stunt... nice tools are better than nice parts 10x... Chain tools are expensive for what they are but are totally worth it. Park's folding is nearly shop quality for a compact tool.

So tap that shit even they cost HKD$7000??

Yeah, he does owe you money.

But also, top tube dents are cool to ride. One of my good friends who has been racing 'cross FOREVER bought Jonathan Page's old Hot Tubes frame (dented as FUCK) and races it all the time.

There's not any stresses on the top tube really, so you can ride it fine. I would get some money back for sure though.

Post a pic.

Damnit ken. Don't buy shit on ebay.

YOU TOLD ME TO BlD ON IT.

here's the pic:

804033ad.jpg

nub or not, there's a dent.

here's a picture of the whole bike. seller claimed it's 2005. isn't it a 2003?

i asked my friend google and all bikes that shoed up in this colorway are 2003.

64efba70.jpg

simple/dumb question -- where should i go, or what should i use, to chop some handlebars??? thanks!

Pipe cutter. Good thing to have theyr like 10 bucks at a hardwear store.

And ken just put one of those njs tube protectors it will cover the dent. Now that u got the bike we gotta roll together man to man, no homo.

haha, I love the clotheshanger on that KHS.

and file a paypal claim Ken. I feel like everytime I use ebay I have to make a paypal claim. Today I finally got the BB I got off ebay 2 weeks ago and one of the cups doesn't even fit around the cartridge. Pluse there's a spacer that I can't fucking get off.

YOU TOLD ME TO BlD ON IT.

here's a picture of the whole bike. seller claimed it's 2005. isn't it a 2003?

i asked my friend google and all bikes that shoed up in this colorway are 2003.

64efba70.jpg

track pro's lookin good ken! theres a couple people in the city who ride those. lock it tight.

you gonna race it?

Hey,

I am looking to get into fixed gear bikes, but I am not sure the best way to do it. I've seen a few people on campus with them, but I am not friends with anyone that has one. What would be a good place to start? And about making my own bike, could it be done with $500?

Thanks