Bicyclettes

canice

fuuuuckkk alright

did some math and figured the overlap is around 40-50mm on a 51 w/med clips.. that ain't shit.

b, i think you should be riding something bigger than 51. how tall do you have your seatpost? also check your crank length. those suginos i put on are -5mm than my old ones and i can feel a world of difference.

edit: fuck, nevermind. i thought you were talkin about your current ride. but keep it in mind.

i'm saying at lights, riding circles, fucking off with friends... everything except riding a straight line from point A to point B. taking my feet out of the clips to time the overlap seems way more annoying.

who cares what my reasons are - can anyone answer?

Definitely a lot. It might not matter, I don't know what the head tube angle is. A lot of better track frames won't lean much during their steering and it doesn't matter if you're going more than walking speed. Well designed track frames will oversteer a lot so that you don't clip a pedal on the wheel or the track, and it's a race frame so take that in mind.

Eff though, I ride a 58-61 (or XL-XXL) and I've got toeverlap on two of my cross bikes and that actually REALLY matters and it still hasn't clipped me in a race.

And blm14 I'm sure you know, but Specialized is dealer-only, so if you're going to get one cheap, it'll be on eBay. Otherwise, they all cost the same. Are you really attached to it? I honestly think that's one of the uglier bikes ever made, I'm sorry to have to say...

^thanks man

b, i think you should be riding something bigger than 51. how tall do you have your seatpost? also check your crank length. those suginos i put on are -5mm than my old ones and i can feel a world of difference.

naw i think you're right, 51 might be too small anyway, plus the dude isn't responding so go figure. i'll definitely keep all this in mind.

And blm14 I'm sure you know, but Specialized is dealer-only, so if you're going to get one cheap, it'll be on eBay. Otherwise, they all cost the same. Are you really attached to it? I honestly think that's one of the uglier bikes ever made, I'm sorry to have to say...

I got the first one cheap on ebay and I'm watching craigslist also. I could quite frankly give a rats ass about looks - I am accustomed to the geometry and handling of this frame and I really like its toughness and the wide forks which can accommodate both my wheelsets.

sufu brain massive - is there any halfway decent way of guesstimate whether you need to adjust crank lengths on a build without riding the thing in advance? i'm kind of between frame sizes so would be nice to know if i need to make an adjustment before i pony up on a custom complete.

i suspect the best ways would be to either do extensive frame geometry calculations or stick old parts on, neither of which i'm particularly stoked on so i'm hoping someone is a lot more clever than me on this front

i just painted my bike. do you guys know how long after the clear coat i should wait before putting my bike back together/riding?

I would give it at least 48 hours to set. The paint should say. 72 hours would be a good idea. What you don't want is to bring it out and get dust stuck in the pain that will dry in.

well if he's used to 172.5's on a totally different type of bike, that doesn't make sense for a track frame. making adjustments on your crank size isn't exactly easy or economical.

yeah pretty much that is what i'm trying to avoid, for those reasons. btw i found a sizing guide that suggests that crank size should be a specific ratio of leg length - according to it i should have 175s(!):

http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/fitting.htm

at the end of the day i'll probably just go with brooklyn's rec since there seems to be as many theories on sizing frames as there are frame geometries. the main thing i've learned is that my current bike is not only the wrong size but also probably not adjusted properly!

so.. i have some gipiemme strada (similar to campagnolo strada if not exactly the same.) cranks that SHOULD be 9/16 pedal threading.

but as im trying to put my pedals on, i get like only a turn or so until theres a lot of resistance. i read on BF forums that this is "common" issue and that i should just pedal wrench it up. anyone else have experience like this?

i dont want to f-up my cranks with my welgo pedals (worked fine in my sugino 75s).

Italian components like pedals have slightly different threading though it is nominally the same.

If you had Italian pedals they'd thread right in, but you have ever so slightly different threading as it is. It'd be nice if you could tap them, but take your time and keep the threads straight and just turn them in. Lots of grease, of course.

I'm about to purchase a complete motobecane team track from bikes direct just for the frame - I'll have no use for all the sick componentry. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in purchasing any of the parts from me when I receive the shipment. The parts are listed at the bottom of this page:

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/team_track.htm