Bicyclettes

canice

^^^^when i first started riding i would get bruises there or maybe a little bit higher from pressing my leg against the top tube when i was learning to skid .. but i dont really squeeze my legs in like that while doing trackstands .. i just kind of sit there like i normally would.

Yeah, you may be using the wrong muscles for track stands. It's more of just sitting or slightly lifting yourself, but the balance is more in your core and pushing your pedals backwards and forwards then it is your legs straining for balance. But maybe your problem is something else?

Yes, rotafix, use a brake, and add 10-20mm worth of spacers (depending on the frame.)

You'll have room on the axle.

Any axle larger than 10mm won't fit.

Ok, can you explain rotafix. I found some info about it online but it all seems to say that you can only do it with a track hub .

"The rotafix method is a technique to install or remove a fixed cog without a chainwhip, turning the frame and wheel into a no-slip tool with loads of leverage. Attributed to the Italian track racer and master mechanic Giovanni Pettenella, this method allows you to quickly and easily install a new cog properly (tight!) or remove a stuck cog without cursing."

Need a bit of help here...

Anyone think $120 for a Cannondale fork is worth it?

I dont have the correct fork on mine, so having the original fork will definitely make the bike propper...

BUT its from the green Cannondale, so I would have to risk my friend attempting to do a color match. He claims he can, but the blue on the Cannondale is unique New York.

hello sufu cyclists, I have some questions for you.

Recently my bianchi pista was crushed in collision with a car (I'm fine, bike isn't) and I am looking to replace it. I purchased it in march of 2008 for approx $500US but now, one year later I find the that average price of these bikes is now $700US.

Is this just a cash grab? or are the newer models that much of an improvement?

Do you know where I can purchase one for between 500-600US? Or can you recommend an equivalent bike around that price range?

hello sufu cyclists, I have some questions for you.

Recently my bianchi pista was crushed in collision with a car (I'm fine, bike isn't) and I am looking to replace it. I purchased it in march of 2008 for approx $500US but now, one year later I find the that average price of these bikes is now $700US.

Is this just a cash grab? or are the newer models that much of an improvement?

Do you know where I can purchase one for between 500-600US? Or can you recommend an equivalent bike around that price range?

Get an alien. great frames, simple and alot of colors to choose from. you can build almost a complete bike from their gear page or just buy what didn't get destroyed.

http://www.alienbikes.com/gear.php