Bicyclettes

canice

Just glanced at the result for the 1000k brevet. How many went, seems only 5 finished?

I like the route for that 200K, sounds like a mostly scenic ride. You plan on doing a series?

what is series?

as for the 1000km, have no idea. The 200k was definitely beautiful, will do again A+++. I think my ultimate goal is Paris-Brest-Paris in 2011. I was talking it over with the guy I did it with, and we're pretty sure we can shave off three or four hours if we didn't stop at every restaurant we liked and drank so much.

But definitely, more centuries are in my future.

what is series?

as for the 1000km, have no idea. The 200k was definitely beautiful, will do again A+++. I think my ultimate goal is Paris-Brest-Paris in 2011. I was talking it over with the guy I did it with, and we're pretty sure we can shave off three or four hours if we didn't stop at every restaurant we liked and drank so much.

But definitely, more centuries are in my future.

That sounds awesome man, I'm at UCSD, actually just drove down the 1 yesterday. Riding a fixie up those hills (and down) would be insane! Sounds like such a fun ride, maybe I'll try it on a roadie one day.

for sale/trade

front black weinmann unmachined dp18 cheap v laced to formula hub

rear black weinmann unmachined dp18 cheap v laced to formula hub

anodized green nitto rb021 40cm bullhorns

for sale for best offer or looking to trade the back wheel for a back aerospoke/spinergy/white deep v, front wheel for front aerospoke/spinergy/white deep v, and i will include the bullhorns + cash for any of the trades

whats up?

just got my toe clips and i realise that my feet will brush across the rims when i try to make a turn.

pardon me for being a noob, but is there something wrong?

toe overlap, you'll get used to it and it happens because your wheels are closer to each other.

just be caerful when making sharp turns and stuff

for sale/trade

front black weinmann unmachined dp18 cheap v laced to formula hub

rear black weinmann unmachined dp18 cheap v laced to formula hub

anodized green nitto rb021 40cm bullhorns

for sale for best offer or looking to trade the back wheel for a back aerospoke/spinergy/white deep v, front wheel for front aerospoke/spinergy/white deep v, and i will include the bullhorns + cash for any of the trades

whats up?

picture of the bullhorns / price?

i really have no clue why anyone is concerned with toe overlap that's not doing tricks. unless you're going REALLY slow negotiating traffic there's really no time where you need to turn your wheel anywhere close to far enough where it'd it your pedal. most bikes if you turn it that far, you're going to sail over the bars.

i really have no clue why anyone is concerned with toe overlap that's not doing tricks. unless you're going REALLY slow negotiating traffic there's really no time where you need to turn your wheel anywhere close to far enough where it'd it your pedal. most bikes if you turn it that far, you're going to sail over the bars.

It's not always a problem. Def not on a track/fg bike, you can lean instead.

I have toeverlap on both my cross bikes, and that IS a problem at times; the steering is such that the bike doesn't lean much as you're steering (and negotiating low-speed, either racing or commuting) to avoid pedal bite.

All in all, don't worry, though your fork may be bent..... HA!

my fork may be bent? i mean, i definitely have toeverlap on all my bikes with LL clips and size 12 feet, but if you're even barely leaning into your turns at normal speed i don't know how you're going to hit your wheel. i've had hang ups when i'm going mad slow through stopped traffic and have to negotiate around the back of a car or something, but however else other than tricks perplexes me.

I know Catlike Kompact Pros are allowed to be sold in the states, but does anyone know some reputable sellers besides Wiggle that stocks them? The Kompact Pro is pretty pricey, but I figured I would wear it more it looks nicer. And if anyone is seller an all white in medium, let me know!

oooh man prolink is the shiz

but i was kinda unsure how to apply it properly :x

did the best with a few dribbles over my cog / chainring.

but its buttery smooth like crazy and doesnt make a grinding noise as it used to.

(the last time i had greased my chain was when a mechanic put it on for me back in october 08 :eek:)

You put the lube directly onto the chain links. Hopefully you at least wiped down your chainring and cog after dripping that mess on.

It's not as bad as trying to buy a Brooks saddle from a Brooks Brothers store, at least, but damn...

i wanna cut my handlebars a bit shorter but i have grips on em right now.

How would i go about taking them off then reapplying them?

anyone care to explain or have a link with a good guide?

Use hairspray. Spray the inside of the grips, they should slide right off.