Bicyclettes

canice

So our LBS got in some Surly Cross Checks in stock...

...I want to buy one, build it up as a single speed, and put some super-fatty tyres on it and go offroading. But considering my track record, I probably should get life insurance first...

<3

re: saddles

specialized makes saddles that have amazing cutouts that allow for blood flow to be maintained. if you like your junk not numb, i'd look into a specialized saddle. they're fly and not too expensive... idk. it doesn't really matter for me because of the whole vagina thing but some of my male co-workers have seen the bloodflow test done and the toupé and phenom by specialized maintain 40% of blood flow whereas the arione and selles drop after an insignificant amount of time... i rode the toupé for 75 miles and it wasn't until mile 55 that i started feeling discomfort.

Cross posted from recent purchases -

I just bought some 1988 campy super record cranks, a 1984 Super Pista bb both in really good condition and some ultra light pedals and vuelta track wheels. gonna run a 42/13 flip flop with a 42/15 both fixed wheel cogs on each side of the hub.

I'm converting an old blue Bianchi into a fixie and will post pictures as I progress.

!BNz-F3Q!mk~$(KGrHgoOKjYEjlLmZ5C3BJrhEN86cQ~~_0.JPG

f03d_1.JPG

72035.JPG

72032.JPG

72038.JPG

WELGOTRACKBLUEPRSM.jpg

Here's my Windsor Hour. Sorry for the blurry pic.

moca_fixie-1.jpg

I've done the following upgrades: Lime machined front/teal rear Velocity Deep Vs, Michelin dynamic 700X23 tires, 17T 1/8" Rockwerks cog, power grips, cheap platform pedals, oury grips, Ritchey riser bar, tektro front brake, brooks b17 saddle, PB Superflash, front basket that I'll probably sell soon

Here's my Windsor Hour. Sorry for the blurry pic.

moca_fixie-1.jpg

I've done the following upgrades: Lime machined front/teal rear Velocity Deep Vs, Michelin dynamic 700X23 tires, 17T 1/8" Rockwerks cog, power grips, cheap platform pedals, oury grips, Ritchey riser bar, tektro front brake, brooks b17 saddle, PB Superflash, front basket that I'll probably sell soon

this looks pretty bad to me.

and why platform pedals?

Well you certainly get that hipster fixed gear look with those, I don't know about quality.

Personally I would just buy an old cheap lugged road bike and throw in your old wheels (if they're still good) or get new ones, if you just want a single speed.

Every time i hear H+son... i just imagine that blown out rim i've seen floating around the internet.

and i've heard that Keo (macaframa) wreck one in less than a month.

shit's sketchy at best right now. give it another year of R&D and i'd say they'll be bomb proof.

All right so I bought a road bike, it cost a pretty penny, so I think I want to let go off my current ride / part it out.

let me know if there is interest. I am not selling the seat. Pedals I'd like to keep, but we can work it out...only including the red straps.

n2249244_46553909_9643.jpg

52cm frame

deep v's laced to formula hubs. rear is fixed/fixed.

thomson stem, seatpost

andel cranks, 46t 144bcd chainring

milwaukee 17t cog

If there is interest in the entire thing, the frame/fork, the wheels only, the stem, the seatpost, etc etc, let me know by email only. I'm not on this site much anymore, I won't be checking PMs.

email: [email protected]

Thank you so much

after moving i realized i getting a bike would be mad convenient but i wish i didn't sell my old trek. whats the best bike under 900 or so? i need a bike for riding around the city and through the park.

check out craigslist you can usually find pretty good deals on bikes that people just don't use anymore.