Bicyclettes

canice

My friend spray painted my first Pista flat black, leaving the seat tube logo.

He works on cars/motorcycles, so did wat he does.

He wet sanded, and used Krylon.

The paint didnt chip or anything, the only thing that happened was the top tube started to "polish" because of my legs rubbing against it, and sitting on it. Otherwise, the paint all around was perfect.

Can you radial a 36h?

Im noobin it cuz I dont lace wheels. A buddy of mine could, but iono if theres a specific hole count.

And I cant haz Shamals... :L

Wouldve picked up a set like a year and a half ago, but they dont support anyone above 150...

I don't think 36-radial looks good, and no manufacturer will warranty that build.

Can it be done, yes, but you definitely would need to watch spoke tension more carefully (lower) than other wheels.

36 or 32 spoke 3x is the way to go for big bois like yourself (baggage included.)

I'm fairly certain newer Pistas would be powdercoated....? Some of the other similar Bianchi's are.

The foam adhering the headbadge is a 3M product. It works amazingly well, and it's cheap for the manufacturer to make and install and the badge doesn't have to be perfectly round.

Even custom builders use that shit. You won't get anyone to rivet or re-rivet your headbadge in 2009, yo. There's this special crimping rivet setter that went down the headtube that no one has anymore...

aight i got a dilemma

i need a rear wheel, and i need help choosing out of my diffrent options. when i t gets warmer i am going to be riding 1-5 miles per day, or more depending on the day. i have a phil hub and a deep v in the front and i was thinking whether i should do the same in the back, or get something else like a aerospoke. i know aerospokes are kind of on the heavy side but thats not a big problem, there is also a converted Rev X at a local shop for $275.

just wondering on the opinions of you guys for a good rear wheel for the riding i do.

You won't get anyone to rivet or re-rivet your headbadge in 2009, yo. There's this special crimping rivet setter that went down the headtube that no one has anymore...

Nah, you just need a pop riveter. I use mine all the time for restored frames. Difficulty is getting the right size rivets.

Agree 36h radial will look very weird indeed. If you're working with 36h you are majoring on strength, so 2/3x builds are the norm.

you should grease almost anything with connections or threads...

helps alot alot alot...

also spinergy rear wheels with track hubs can be bought easily for like 100 if u look.

aerospoke are dope, but they weight like 4 pounds and rattly in the wind..

if u want strength go for mavic open pro's to a phill wood 3cross lacing...

that sht will last long time

Pretty cool, but do you really put your strap through the front of your pedal?!?!

jk, but no really.

Question I dont wanna post on a different forum...

Whats the benefit of running anything bigger than a 700x23 on the rear?

Ive always stuck to 23s, but kinda wanting to see the difference with a 25-28...

Larger tires are nice for really rutted out roads, heavy riders, ultimate cush, saving rims from destruction, etc.

There's a bigger difference going from a $10 Kenda to a $40 race tire in terms of suppleness and ride quality, but a 23 to a 25 or 28mm tire is a big jump in terms of comfort and enjoying riding a lot more; especially if you're carrying a bunch of shit all the time.

welll most thickker tires for mas skidz are labeled as touring or urban riding tires (victoria randenours) which often start at around 25 and go up to 28. They are a bit burlier, They have lasted to my personal experience-longer; They absorb hits more. The thing that sucks is you deff feel the rolling resistance, but they deff also last longer, are sturdier (they feel sturdier, I wouldnt know about the real facts), and more cushy.

For the whole double tire thing. You can do that with any tire size, except im sure 20's would just be dumb to try that lol. Im doing it with a crappy 5 dollah 25 right now and a skidded out 23 inside of it until i have some mo monay. Its good so far, lowwer pressure tho and rolling resistance is even more prevalent but its coo i guess..feels alot softer..

its a 60. My other bikes have been 58" but it was hard to find a GTB/Pulse anyway, and that 60" came up for sale so I thought fuck it, the size is fine for me. Those frames actually look better the bigger they get as they have a slightly more 'pursuit' style stance on the 58 and 60.

and nice bike Wolves. Always wet in chicago lol.