Bicyclettes

canice

This probably sounds stupid but I gotta ask you opinion.

I'm looking to get my first fixie. I'm going to be riding it around town to work and stuff, and for fun too. Nothing too serious. Alot of people recommend the Kilo TT over something like the Winsor The Hour because the TT has tighter more track like geometry. I am just wondering if it's possible to do barspins on a Kilo TT because the front weel clearance is so tight. The skids and tricks seem like alot of fun and something I'd be interested in along with using the bike for transportation, so which frame would you recommend. I'm looking for a pretty cheap beginner bike I can learn on and upgrade as I go, eg. Kilo TT, The Hour, or maybe a Pista or IRO if the price jump is worth it. Thanks for the help.

Honestly, unless you have bmx background or something, by the time you get around to doing barspin tricks worth doing, you're going to want a new bike anyways.

That said I highly doubt the TT does barspins, but not sure.

Yea thats why I said it probably sounds stupid...but I'd just like to have that room to learn. How about just for tricks in general is a tighter more track like frame better/worse? I'm not going to be doing any competitive racing just for transportation and recreation kinda thing.

^^

the kilo tt has a better looking fork and no water bottle braze-ons...if those things matter to you

other than that i'm pretty sure they're identical

I've got a green kilo waiting on me at home. I return from school tomorrow so I'm pretty excited. The Hour also comes in smaller sizes if you're shorter. Its up to you, which color you like and which bike you want.

Think I might go with The Hour then...

now my inseam is around 32.5 soooo 52cm or 54cm? 52cm has 30.4" standover and 54cm has 31"

oh and as far as exchanging a swobo for a Pista I'm pretty sure everyone is going to tell you do it. I'm a noob...so take it for what it's worth.

Think I might go with The Hour then...

now my inseam is around 32.5 soooo 52cm or 54cm? 52cm has 30.4" standover and 54cm has 31"

oh and as far as exchanging a swobo for a Pista I'm pretty sure everyone is going to tell you do it. I'm a noob...so take it for what it's worth.

inseam doesn't mean shit, you're riding the bike not standing over it. that being said, i like being able to have my bike between the legs w/o it hurting my nuts.

you need to look at other measurements and see if you can ride some kind of a bike and see how it fits, get its geometry and compare to the hour

I know I'm a scrub...but I'm pretty sure inseam has everything to do with bike size. The lenght of your legs = the distance from the seat to the pedals. AND as you said having nut room means that your inseam is a couple inches longer than the standover height. I've done my research :P

I know I'm a scrub...but I'm pretty sure inseam has everything to do with bike size. The lenght of your legs = the distance from the seat to the pedals. AND as you said having nut room means that your inseam is a couple inches longer than the standover height. I've done my research :P

Inseam is good for determining what bikes are too big for you, that's about it. Once you've got that out of the way, top tube length is generally more important than seat tube length.

Inseam is good for determining what bikes are too big for you, that's about it. Once you've got that out of the way, top tube length is generally more important than seat tube length.

Word. You don't want a top tube that doesn't "fit." You'll be playing with stem sizes and that's not fun, trust me.