Bicyclettes

canice

Ugh, Contador and Schleck(s) are too super-dorky. It's been an eventful Tour and Evans' broken elbow soldiering is the most impressive fortitude since Tyler Hamilton's stage victories with a broken collarbone.

I am surprised by Renshaw's ejection, honestly. McEwen's '05 headbutt was less drastic and intentional, but his erratic and indirect riding after the leadout was completely uncalled for given that he veered offline intentionally blocked another rider during a 40mph finish.

I was surprised by it, but I think it definitely sends the right message that sprint finishes should finish like a track and field event and not a soccer match with "incidental" contact.

Guest renatho
Finally finished my mash build, just need to upgrade the pedals eventually... Might get negged for the front wheel, but whatever, I like the look and I like to ride it so that's what matters to me

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

Still need to wrap the handlebar, although I'm riding with gloves usually so it's not a necessity for now

is that mash cinelli?

So I plan on getting a fixie for exercise purposes now that I am done with my summer class and I found a Windsor "The Hour" at bikesdirect for what I'm guessing would be a decent prize (about $280). Anyone have any experience with this bike and any other suggestions for a beginner fixie that won't break my bank ($300 limit) would be much appreciated.

i have a windsor hour. been riding it for a few months out but i've switched out a lot of the stock parts. it's a good bike and a good introductory bike to fixed gears.

i suggest you go the extra for the mercier kilo tt, though, as it seems like you want to purchase from bikesdirect. in the longer run it's just a better investment than the hour. it also has the stripper option which comes without decals.

from experience, i wish i would've saved up more and gotten a kilo tt.

^^ m0t3d the windsor the hour is a great bike for the price. i rode it for about two years a few years ago .. of course having to replace the bottom bracket and a few parts as time passed.. def better than paying $200-$300 for a shitty craigslist conversion

339twtx.jpg

dad bought it new in the 80's, rode me around in a baby seat a lot. then I inherited the bike and a friend converted it. gonna put the racks back on the front and rear for commuting to and fro.

have a track frame sitting in my room waiting to be built with financial aid money. only an hour drive from Forest City velodrome in canada...

new front wheel, front tire, front light, stem, bar, brake set, crank set, pedal, toe clip & strap

DSC_1929.jpg

satya, from your icon i'm assuming your indonesian?

i'm in jakarta for the summer--saw some heads riding brakeless in kemang. it's a death wish riding brakeless here--potholes, pedestrians, and crazy drivers and motorcyclists galore.

in other news, planning on swooping one of these frames pretty soon for a road build:

colnago08_Master_XLight.jpg

4557925075_a87b4c225e.jpg

4558559420_692effdb09.jpg

4558563304_17bbbd1808.jpg

group/frame together

2001 Titanium Lemond Tete de Course 57cm frame/fork/headset - $700 shipped

sick titanium frame with reynolds ouzo pro carbon fork, cane creek headset. rode this for about a week with the above group until i realized it was a bit too long in the top tube. custom light blue paint with designs on the top tube and seat tube, although i was planning on stripping it. no chips, some light scuffing, but well taken care of.

other bits:

shimano 600 aero seatpost, 26.8, marks below insertion. sick post. $45 shipped

blue nitto risers. 2" rise, no sweep, light wear at clamp only. $40 shipped

tektro road lever - free, you pay shipping

Yes it is

Just got some Spinacis in the mail, I'll be giving them a try in the next few days. Anyone on here used them? They look like they could be fun

Nah they're 26mm only and were banned from competition like a week after they were produced.

I'm sure there's a warehouse full of old stock somewhere. It was also prior to the prevalent use of non-shitty aerobars. The early ones slipped like crazy.

Just repainted and rebuilt my first road bike into a polo bike. 80's tri bike. Light, lugged, flexy, black.

Pics later.

Nah they're 26mm only and were banned from competition like a week after they were produced.

I'm sure there's a warehouse full of old stock somewhere. It was also prior to the prevalent use of non-shitty aerobars. The early ones slipped like crazy.

Just repainted and rebuilt my first road bike into a polo bike. 80's tri bike. Light, lugged, flexy, black.

Pics later.

There most likely is a warehouse full of old stock somewhere, seeing how cheap and widely available these are. I think they're a good deal, after all, you hardly ever see aerobars going for $15

Here's my made-in-Japan Bianchi. It's a 1981, iirc:

bike.jpg

Before I got it from a friend, it was in a head-on collision, followed by a house fire. I replaced most of the peripheral parts. It's nothing fancy, but I like it.

satya, from your icon i'm assuming your indonesian?

i'm in jakarta for the summer--saw some heads riding brakeless in kemang. it's a death wish riding brakeless here--potholes, pedestrians, and crazy drivers and motorcyclists galore.

yeap I'm Indonesian, that's why my fixie got a brakeset on it :D

you still in Jakarta and you ride here?? we should meet dude! it would be a pleasure to meet foreign sufu-er...

anyway, I was in brakeless team, decided to join the brake-set team right after an inch away from a bus :eek: