Bicyclettes

canice

1. I got a hub, lockring and a fixed cog (16T). Other than the spacers, I'm done with the rear, right? This is all the parts you need for the rear wheel?

2. Can you use a 3/32 chain on every crankset?

you should look into getting your own chain whip/lockring tool (shimano tl-sr22). lube the shit out of the hub threads when putting the lock ring and cog on.

is there a chance I can get a bianchi pista cheaper than 599? http://www.fullcycles.com/product_info.php/products_id/1448

ebay doesn't have my size (53) and the craigslists in utah are scant.

are you open to other brands or set on it...?

story of tonight:

was stretching my neck, was riding in the dark and my senses were discombobulated and then hit my pedal on teh sidewalk and ate shit.

luckily no broken bones but skin tore off my elbow.

wiped my blood with my spare tshirt, looked like it came back from the butchers shop.

pinch flat and rim bent, but bent it back with a wrench.

never knew rims were that malleable!

are you open to other brands or set on it...?

Sorry about your crash.

I am open to other brands, but I'd rather not wait a month for the new Kilo TT's to be finished. I want to stay under 600.

Thanks

Sorry about your crash.

I am open to other brands, but I'd rather not wait a month for the new Kilo TT's to be finished. I want to stay under 600.

Thanks

bianchi pista,

schwinn madison

raleigh rush hour

masi

those are the ones i highly reccomend.

for the Madison change the wheels and sell them for 75-100 and get yourself a better wheelset.

i test rode the rush hour but it was two sizes too small but the components are far better than the madison and the tubing is a bit thinner (i would have gone this route if it it was the correct size for me)

ask around your bicycle shops you're bound to find one, and i think the 08 raleighs look better than the black, but yeah.

okay FTP people, should i just have a machine shop drill my fork?

(i can order a replacement for like 120 bucks if it ever busts out on me...)

anyone ride trainer tires before? i've heard they're super hard to get on a rim with out puncturing the tube but they're also significantly thicker and i could one for free. thinking about trying it just for shits and giggles.

i remember reading that you shouldn't ride those on the road.

I got a little problem

Bikes done got it back from the shop a couple days ago was trying some skids and (excuse me if I misname) the lockring pops off the hub. Apparently the hub isn't threaded for fixed gear so I knew this may happen.

But can't I just locktite the lockring on to prevent this from being a recurring issue?

I'd rather not buy a new one but do the cons greatly outweigh the pros here?

first of all, fuck your shop for agreeing to install that dodgy setup. if they sold you the parts to do it, thats even worse.

if you use loctite or jbweld, use the real shit, not the temporary (blue) stuff. keep in mind, you won't be able to switch your cog/locring or take it off for use on new wheels in the future. also, this isn't necessarily safe anyway. i would just buy a proper wheel.

has anyone ever been ticketed for reflectors and whatnot? since most road bikes and fixies don't have reflectors clipped to spokes or on their pedals, i was wondering if this happened. most of my biking is on campus and i never really think about it, but since ill be moving off campus i figured it might be good to get some just in case.

eugh

when the lockring popped off the part that holds the chain to the hub got torqued off and fucked the thread.

Luckily theres a threading on the other side too so i flipped the wheel around but i an onlyy run a not fixed thing on it cause theres no room for a lockring.

Gonna roll like this for a bit till i find a new hub or wheel

Yeah, it's fucked to try and ride no lockring if you are trying to brake at all without a brake. If you have a brake and use it, whatever.

Google "rotafix." Or "rotafixa." It will 100% keep your cog on, lockring or no lockring. Just don't count on being able to get your cog off your hub without destroying your hub. I.E.- it can be a permanent fix, but it is very likely to be that: permanent.

I've done it several times for several different reasons, mostly stripped lockrings or backup situations where a wheel got effed, and even in a vice you usually can't get the cog off without mangling the rim.

curious but how many of you guys wear helmets?

Always.

I had an accident last year that put me in the hospital for the night and lost me a few days' worth of memories... and I was wearing a helmet. Can't imagine what would have happened if I hadn't been. Anyone who rides in a city (I'm in Berkeley and San Francisco) should. Whenever I see someone not wearing a helmet I just assume they don't know what the fuck they're doing.

I'm pretty vocal to helmetless riders about what I think of them...

On another note, anyone have a recommendation of a decent cheap windbreaker for biking? It's ridiculous that I don't have one.