Bicyclettes

canice

WTF HOW SO CHEAP

stunt had it. bought a couple bikes, sold frames/parts i didnt need, it was a bit of a process. that gt pulse that i got a while ago made me a ton of money on ebay.

overall i'll end up getting the whole bike free and making a couple hundred dollars once i sell the remainder of what i have left. i've still got a kilo frameset, deep v's to miche hubs, sugino crankset, couple sets of pedals/clips/straps, many sets of bars, all that i paid nothing for. so that'll all get put together and put on craigslist for cheap, i'm not trying to make any more money really. that bike is it though, it's perfect for my lifestyle with the soma for longer trips.

stunt: i did cut it down. it's easy for me because i've a ton of practice, but i've read tips that say to tape off the line you want to cut with painters tape as a guide. I'd say use an exacto #2, new sharp blade, and make a bunch of light passes. it's not too hard, just intimidating cutting into such an expensive saddle.

Bike project for the homie/boss man...

525adc0f.jpg

I wanna ride it around again...

damn i've always wanted to do this just never got around to it.

and now i'm inspired >.<

I get wat you mean.

Its like rattle canning a bike.

A lot of light passes.

How long did it take to get one side done?

And are you running it as a freewheel or fixed?

fixed.

it is like painting a bike with spray cans, i think each side took me 10-12 passes, maybe 15 mins each? dunno, just take it easy and it's pretty simple.

Dont run it 46x18...

You wont get anywhere!!!

48x18 is my jam...

try 48/17

it'll be a bit harder to ride on, but more skid patches if you like skidding...

you may wanna look at this for reference too:

would a ratio of 46 x 18 really slow me down compared to 48 x 18's ratio?

how well can you guys track stand and stuff on 48's?

i find it pretty difficult to do.

maybe i'll try 48 / 17 if it lets me go faster

I rode 48/16 for a while, trackstanding is easy, but climbing got too tough and i switched to 48/17. I like it the best.

a couple of questions

1) I'm going back home in a month or so. I'm thinking of buying a frame from punch cycle in asakusa or tsukumo (not a custom-made one...). How much is it to ship a bike frame to the US? Where would I go to ship one? Post office sounds like an obvious answer but they won't have a box that will fit a frame.

2) I can do standing and skidding fairly well. I need to learn how to do mid skids. There are no fixed gear riders around me and I just have no clue how to pull one off. Any hints?

On a semi wet surface, makes practicing skidding relatively easy.

Since its wet, theres not much traction goin on.

You can go through the movements, like leg positioning, body position, feet, etc etc...

Thats how I accidentally found out how to skid, not nuts to the stem, but somewat seated skid.

Then once you figure out the timing, body positioning, you can skid a lot easier and better.

Plus gear ratio helps.

a couple of questions

1) I'm going back home in a month or so. I'm thinking of buying a frame from punch cycle in asakusa or tsukumo (not a custom-made one...). How much is it to ship a bike frame to the US? Where would I go to ship one? Post office sounds like an obvious answer but they won't have a box that will fit a frame.

2) I can do standing and skidding fairly well. I need to learn how to do mid skids. There are no fixed gear riders around me and I just have no clue how to pull one off. Any hints?

Go to any bike shop and ask for a box your frame size or bigger. They might charge you a few bucks but most likely you can get it for free. International shipping might be ridiculous though, ground shipping from Florida to Rhode Island for me was around $150

Go to any bike shop and ask for a box your frame size or bigger. They might charge you a few bucks but most likely you can get it for free. International shipping might be ridiculous though, ground shipping from Florida to Rhode Island for me was around $150

it should be around $100 to ship from japan to the states. why the hell did you pay $150 from fl to ri? you could have flown it there yourself for that much!

a lot of shops in the states will have flat rate shipping for bikes. it's usually around $35 ups with tracking, etc. i don't know if they do that over there, but it might be worth checing out. also, make sure you read requirements. a bike box is right under the "oversized package" measurement, once you go over that the shipping can sometimes double.

2 teeth won't make much of a difference at all. 48/18 is standard, switching to a 17 tooth cog will let you go faster, but i suppose it'll be harder to trackstand. thats something that just takes time. i'm a big fan of 48/16, but everyone freaks out at the one skid patch thing.

2 teeth won't make much of a difference at all. 48/18 is standard, switching to a 17 tooth cog will let you go faster, but i suppose it'll be harder to trackstand. thats something that just takes time. i'm a big fan of 48/16, but everyone freaks out at the one skid patch thing.

if i do bump it down to 48 x 17 i technically can go faster but would it be easier for me to pedal or harder?

and thanks for all the feedback (noob at this and not too much fixed gear riders in my vicinity)

you shouldn't be spending more than $50-75 to ship a complete bike. if you're spending $150, you're mailing a box that's oversize and you get raped on extra charges. ship the wheels separately if you can't fit them in the main box. sometimes its as simple as cutting 2-5" off the end of the box and voila, you save $100.

fedex ground is $40 coast to coast (nyc to SF - cheaper i guess if you go less distance) when shipping a frame alone.

as for flying with your bike, unles you have couplers on that frame, look at spending retarded oversize + insurance costs to get it in the belly. delta quoted me $200 + a variable insurance rate to take my bike with me. the dude on the phone said if it was just a large box with random shit in it, it'd be around $60 in extra charges, but he said they're getting extremely cautious about bikes due to insurance on high $$ frames and they'll slap you with the extra charge after x-ray even if it sneaks through check in as a "bag."

it should be around $100 to ship from japan to the states. why the hell did you pay $150 from fl to ri? you could have flown it there yourself for that much!

a lot of shops in the states will have flat rate shipping for bikes. it's usually around $35 ups with tracking, etc. i don't know if they do that over there, but it might be worth checing out. also, make sure you read requirements. a bike box is right under the "oversized package" measurement, once you go over that the shipping can sometimes double.

my bad, I also shipped a surfboard at the same time and i think the board was 150 because it broke the size restrictions but the bike was around 100.

Hey guys, I need to get rid of a frameset and I was wondering if anyone on here wanted it...

it is a 55cm Pake frameset with a SPICER fork and suntour crankset

315hik4.jpg

no dents or dings, just some nicks from locking. frame is $200 new and fork is $125 new (not including $$ to get it cut and starnut installed), and crankset and headset are installed.

I need cash real bad and I was looking to get $275 plus some for shipping on this frameset. Note, the wheels, saddle/seatpost, and handlebars do not come with it. Just the frame, fork, crankset, headset, stem.

sorry about huge picture