Bicyclettes

canice

Guest youkinorn
*tear...

oh well w/eee its not like im trying to impress the ladies with some 180's down three stairs ... (6)

There are plenty of things you could do to get the weight down, I just am saying that mine isn't exactly going that way. Although, I'll be ditching the back brake and putting some lighter bars on. I should have just ordered new cranks with my chainring, but didn't for monetary reasons. Oh well.

all my fixed gear friends skid stop. the action is very similar to how anti lock brakes work. skidding with short but rapid bursts.

for me tho, i can skid, but i still run a brake as an insurance policy. while i was skidding today my toe clips broke and boy was i happy that i had a brake.

what gear ratio are they running??

yeah idont have toe clips on... and osme guy was telling me that your foot will slip out... i do premature skid stops but yeah... lol im so confused.

i can do leg over bar stops perfectly fine though (not left foot over bar though)

^ how the freak do you skid stops with toe clips?

what i do is(and this is only one way too since i can't do the other way), I push down on the left pedal and lock up while my right leg I pull up the right pedal(while leaning forward). The 48/17 is a really dramatic difference from 14 IMO. I can skid better and farther,thus I said it was too dangerous to go on streets cause it uses so much strength to skid stop( to me it is).

couple of questions to be answered.

1. any place to buy cheap black saddles?

2. where can i get cheap brakes? what kind of brakes will fit an answer pro bar.

3. everytime i turn my toeclips rub the front wheels and it would sometimes toss me off balance(luckily havent fallen), i was wondering why that is. do i need a shorter cranks?

i have 48t x 16t. would it be easier to skid if i had fewer teeth in the front and more in the back?

i have a truativ crank / chain ring. would it make a huge difference if i get a different set?

what gear ratio are they running??

yeah idont have toe clips on... and osme guy was telling me that your foot will slip out... i do premature skid stops but yeah... lol im so confused.

i can do leg over bar stops perfectly fine though (not left foot over bar though)

Do you seriously not have toe clips/straps? That is clearly why you have such a problem skidding. Its twice as easy to skid if you can pull forward with one foot while you push back with the other.

3. everytime i turn my toeclips rub the front wheels and it would sometimes toss me off balance(luckily havent fallen), i was wondering why that is. do i need a shorter cranks?

toeverlap is just something that happens if your riding a track bike because they arnt designed for sharp turns while riding. You could get shorter cranks, or you could just man up.

i have 48t x 16t. would it be easier to skid if i had fewer teeth in the front and more in the back?

i have a truativ crank / chain ring. would it make a huge difference if i get a different set?

yes. the cranks dont matter, but it would be alot easier and cheaper to change your cog than your chainring

Do you seriously not have toe clips/straps? That is clearly why you have such a problem skidding. Its twice as easy to skid if you can pull forward with one foot while you push back with the other.

toeverlap is just something that happens if your riding a track bike because they arnt designed for sharp turns while riding. You could get shorter cranks, or you could just man up.

yes. the cranks dont matter, but it would be alot easier and cheaper to change your cog than your chainring

ooh no wonder... no one said you pull forward with one foot.. and push back... -______- i do have toe clips but no straps!! so basically useless.

you get used to toe overlap (you become one wiht your bike and eventually no how have handle on yo bitch)

strange how herpsky riding bike lol. thought he be balla rolling in some luxury mobile dont give a fuck about ga$

If the chain line isn't straight...

1. Spacers for the cog.

2. Different length bottom bracket.

3. If your running road cranks, swap sides or use spacers.

4. Spacers in your hub, then redish wheel.

A tenser chain can actually create noise. A slacker one will have more movement and be smoother, but also may cause noise.

Or you can use a 1/8th chain on 3/32nd setup, which will be smoother, but more unsafe and create more noise.

Take your pick...

1. take everything off of it -headset cups included- and degrease any and all threads.

2. strip it. get it sandblasted or DIY it with jasco. fuck all spray strippers. jasco's where it's at.

3. mask all threads, sized holes (post clamp bolt holes), or internal races (aheadset)

4. take it somewhere and get it painted - auto shops somtimes will do them, bike painting places use house of kolor anyway, get it powdercoated, etc.

or you can just wet sand your current coat, spray paint it and clear coat it 3-4 times for a not so durable finish.

I've tried searching but I haven't been finding too much on how to paint a bike.

Does anyone have a couple of links or some sage advice on how to do it?

Thanks

I recently painted my bike and it was a huge pain in the ass.

Make sure you strip your paint good, get some of that Jasco stuff and just goop it on. you really have to work at getting the flakey shit off. It'll take a while. Like, it'll take all day if you really do it nicely. I just ended up leaving most of the shit on cause I got lazy. (If I could go back in time, I would have sandblasted it)

If you're going to rattlecan it, thread some string and hang your bike off of your garage ceiling or something. cover up anything that you don't want over-sprayed, and go to work.

Primer, color, clearcoat.

I just used the stuff you get at walmart. Just give yourself enough time for your paint to dry and shit. One can was enough for me, I think. you might want to do a bunch of clearcoat layers. (maybe two cans, cause my paint gets jacked up all the time)

I would advise against spray painting, dunno if I just screwed up or if it's just not a good way to paint. It chips off in huge chunks, instead of just scratching like a powder coat.

yah james newman, mash sf crewww

TODAY IS A MOMENTOUS DAY.

I'm finally biking without hands consistently (ie. clapping, crossed arms, hands overhead, flailing) while keeping balance. I can weave, slow down and speed up without my hands, too. I'm so fucking happy.

I also discovered that I can skid 100x better with my heels digging into the pedals. I've been using the balls of my feet to push back, since I don't have clips (which I need to get asap.), and now that I'm using my heels, I skid for way longer and so much more easily.

My gear ratio is 52x17 :/

Now to attempt wheeliessss.