Bicyclettes

canice

I have crashed my fixie :( Need a new one and will get much cooler stuff for my money when buying from Aus or Asia (even considering EMS shipping). Anyone have a contact or want to sell me their frame (Keiran or others) or whole fixie please send me a PM! Nothing fancy just a cheapish but decent fixie

/K

random day,i just sold my pista, and while going back in to my building met a guy who runs a full workshop 10 doors down from my studio, fully amazing so almost a good job the fuji track fell through something vintage and fun instead and essentially a bike shop 10ft from my place

anyone able to recommended good quality tires for street? wanna spend like 100-120$ for a pair. prolly 700x25. wouldn't mind some colour too.

gatorkins are an obvious choice, although they dont have much in the way of color. they last a long fucking time, and they roll very nicely.

shameless plug: ive got one BNWT gatorskin 700x25 that id sell you for pretty cheap if you wanted to. itd lower your price for a pair.

anyone able to recommended good quality tires for street? wanna spend like 100-120$ for a pair. prolly 700x25. wouldn't mind some colour too.

I'm a big fan of Conti Grand Prix 4000's, as well as Michelin Krylion Carbon's. Both will run you around that price range, with the Conti's being more expensive.

gatorkins are an obvious choice, although they dont have much in the way of color. they last a long fucking time, and they roll very nicely.

shameless plug: ive got one BNWT gatorskin 700x25 that id sell you for pretty cheap if you wanted to. itd lower your price for a pair.

I'm a big fan of Conti Grand Prix 4000's, as well as Michelin Krylion Carbon's. Both will run you around that price range, with the Conti's being more expensive.

thanks for feedback. reading the gator's sidewalls are actually weak making lots of flats and such.

will rea dup on the conti's.

any thoughts on gommitalia calypso k's?

what the fuck!? $100-120?

front - rubino pro - $35 tops

rear - rando - $35-40

bulletproof.

Thanks for saying it so I didn't have to.

Co-sign tire choice. Colored tires are a Silicium rubber blend (or latex) and don't have carbon; to cut to the chase, they are a lot more cut resistant, softer, and not durable.

Best to go with black tires for your commute tires.

yo yo. yooooo.

ok so here's what's good. i'm a short motherfucker. 5'8 on a good day, 5'7 and change on most. i went to check out a pista a few weeks back, and looked at a 51cm. the dude who worked at the shop said i should definitely not go any bigger than that. there was like a lil room between the top bar and my jewels. dude was able to lift the bike a tiny bit.

now, i can't afford no $600 bike, before getting a lock, brake, etc. bikes direct just posted up a restock of windsor hours. i know this shit is inferior to a pista, which aren't even great to begin with, but $300 is more in line w/ my budget. only problem is, the available sizes are 49cm and 52cm. can a bike really be *too* short, or will being too small not be as much of an inconvenience of it being too big?

yo yo. yooooo.

ok so here's what's good. i'm a short motherfucker. 5'8 on a good day, 5'7 and change on most. i went to check out a pista a few weeks back, and looked at a 51cm. the dude who worked at the shop said i should definitely not go any bigger than that. there was like a lil room between the top bar and my jewels. dude was able to lift the bike a tiny bit.

now, i can't afford no $600 bike, before getting a lock, brake, etc. bikes direct just posted up a restock of windsor hours. i know this shit is inferior to a pista, which aren't even great to begin with, but $300 is more in line w/ my budget. only problem is, the available sizes are 49cm and 52cm. can a bike really be *too* short, or will being too small not be as much of an inconvenience of it being too big?

5'8'' is not short... i'm short...

5'4'' bitchhh.

Brakes don't really come like that.

Tektro's are cheap and will stop you and work just great, at a low, low price.

As for the sizing question, I would grab the 51cm Pista; they are better bikes than their image would convey. Some electrical tape over the logos and a change of bars and you have a cheap bike that will "feel" like a super nice bike.

Generally speaking, the 'best' bike size to ride is the biggest one you can without feeling like you're riding a ladder.