Bicyclettes

canice

Final frame buy decision time:

This fluo in size 50 complete, 290:

Or this mercier in 53 with a bunch of OG french parts, 350:

UH, which one fits you better? that's a big difference. how tall are you? I love the way that fluo looks, but if it fits like shit, don't get it.

hi dudes. i guess i'm kinda corny because i'm jumping on the fixed gear bandwagon. is this worth the price?

if i wanted to build a generic, plain looking, extremely light (alu?) fixed gear, how much could i expect to pay? i'm in philly and there is a place called the bike church that i was planning on stopping by, but it's only open on tuesdays, thursdays and sundays.

i would say no because it doesnt have track drop outs its not safe riding road drops with a fixed gear. do to the bike church that place is awesome

ken send me pics of your bikes via myspace or facebook bro

that one's ok, but if you're going to spend around $300-350, get a windsor hour, mercier kilo tt or one of those starter bikes. you won't have to worry about someone's shitty conversions that they flip on ebay falling apart immediately and you can upgrade parts as you go.

ya, bandwagon kids have made me lots of money flipping bikes on craigslist haha.

don't get a peugeot, they're french threaded and you'll have a hard time finding parts

ediiiit: your height means very little, you need your reach/inseam to choose a frame size. offhand, 5'9" is probably looking in the low 50's range, maybe 50-54cm

are you selling garbage ass bikes? there are people that just redish road wheels and build shitty conversions and sell them for $200-300. there's a seller 'applecart' on ebay that a few of my friends bought shit from like 5 or 6 years ago and they were broke ass junk parts. that kind of stuff is so wrong.

i, on the other hand, have no problems with flipping legit track stuff.

another quick question! if my inseam (heel to crotch) is 32 - 32.5 in, and my arm length (middle of palm to armpit) is 23 in, i should choose the 53 cm model with a standover of 785 (30.9 in)? thanks in advance. here is the geometry page for the kilo tt. i assumed that the measurement for the standover height was in mm.

so is that 1.5" difference the sag of your beans?

check out the fit calculator on competitivecyclist.com. its the best self fitting guide out there and will give you geometry ranges for different types of riding and riding positions. it's the jam. it will answer all those questions and some you don't even need to know.