Steven Alan Sample Sale

cchen

Just wanted to post this info for you guys:

Up to 75% off Steven Alan men and women, Inhabit, Myth and Ritual and more. 87 Franklin [W. Bway/Church] 212.343.0692, 11/16 and 11/17, 8:30am-8pm, 11/18, noon-7, and 11/19, noon-5.

last time I went to this I walked out with:

White spruce pull over hoodie

Blue Spruce Tigerfleece hoodie

Black Wings&Horns CrewNeck Sweatshirt

Wings&Horns Tshirt

all for $150...

They need to ease up with these back to back sample sales though...or at least have a direct deposit option, since this seems to be where my paychecks find themselves every Friday evening and Saturday afternoon.

APC is so-so, but this is one not to miss. At the last one they had tons of Spruce and Wings and Horns stuff. I think I got a Spruce striped v-neck tee for like $25. Hoodies were real cheap too, I don't really remember the prices. Lots of Steven Alan shirts, I think they were like $60 or something. I remember there were lots of jeans in big sizes. There is just a lot of stuff and prices are great.

i'll probably be hitting this up. i'm definitely on the lookout for the spruce/wings & horns stuff. did they have a lot at the previous sample sales?

the e-mail i got said that they will be selling their in-house line too.

I'm not sure they carried W+H/Spruce or Wing & Horns this season (i haven't seen it in the store), so if they have that stuff it'll likely be from last year...although now i go their website and they have one hoodie on there, so who knows i guess...worth a try.

i've been to their last four sales, it's hit and miss and it's crazy crowded. if you don't go the first two days, or even the first day, i wouldn't bother. Plenty of their own line, though, got all my steven alan dress shirts that way.

someone buy a bunch and resell to sf'ers for a small markup for the rest of us that can't get to the sale!

i'm gonna try in a few hours, i'll report back on the stock. if it's anything like last year, though, i wouldn't hold your breath. there is some good stuff always, but for the bulk of stock, they dig deep into there back closets, and i mean DEEP.

Yeah, I just got back and it was beat. I waited in line for about 1/2 hour this morning and it was not worth it. Crowd wasn't bad once you got in, but the selection was aweful. Pretty much just looked like the left over shit from last time around.

Highlights include:

A bunch of xl and xxl and xxxl (and other sizes that don't fit) SA shirts. Old, ugly Wings and Horns shit. A couple large Spurce Tees and hoodie vests. Some decent wool SA blazers for $99. Racks of stupid, ugly, crap that no one wants. Lots of girls stuff.

They were bringing some more shit out when I was there, but it had only been open for an hour or so and it was bad.

I did manage to find 2 SA shirts in my size, but for $68 a piece I didn't walk out of there feeling very special.

i went around 11:30 this morning...skipped out of work. glad i didnt go at 8:30...i figured itd be mobbed.

crowd wasnt too bad...no line to get in...just had to deal with dudes trying to act casual and calm as they snap up clothing.

as for the stock, not as good as their previous sales. i always find a few things to buy. im actually a big fan of the steven alan line so i was pleased. im a small and unfortunately they have no decent pattern shirts in small. the ones they had were pretty ugly. i did buy a navy blue blazer for $99...regularly $350. i was kind of bummed but went downstairs and actually spotted matching steven alan navy pants for the jacket for $25. they need to be cleaned but $125 for a navy steven alan suit in my size is fine by me.

bought a button down shirt for my girlfriend...i figured at least one of us should have a nice one.

ill go back on sunday probably...though, i dont remember if they lower the prices at the end.

the engineered garments stuff was ok actually. lots of that, lots of large sizes, lots of levis, and trovata...

i'm banking on them bringing out some decent stuff on saturday. wings & horns, spruce, and steven alan clothes are on my hit list.

good luck, checked it out yesterday and today, a bit more wings and horns stuff today, a couple of flannels in med. and a weird orange coat. no hoodies or anything though.

nom de guerre had a brand new duffel coat, sz small. fits very nice, but again, lining is lacking and the non removalble hood didn't figure the $618 price tag. Colors were grey herringbone like the m65 and black waxed. again, awesome coat.