trkfld

poly800rock

• 3 months later...

Anthony..

Thanks for spreading the word man.

Anyhow, Sunbrella is the name of the fabric that is used to make these bags. It is mostly used for outdoor products like patio furniture, awnings, ect. This style of bag using Sunbrella became very popular in Hong Kong and was sold at the time exclusively through the Catalog shops. I saw them on a trip there in 2002, and loved them. I contacted the manufacturer in HK and we talked about distributing these bags outside HK. The main thing that I was worried about was trademark. They were using the "Sunbrella" care tag as their own TM, but in fact it was not. Sunbrella is owned by a company in the US. It is like if you name a jacket out of GoreTex, you only called it GoreTex..it would look like your company is called GoreTex, when in fact it is not. It is just the fabric. So we came up with a new name, that we had control of. We then worked on some new styles based on the OG fabrication, some new detailing...and now a few years later we are ready to roll international.

Hope this makes a bit of sense.

• 1 month later...