NEW TRENDS...help me pick some!

chadler

hey guys, i was wondering if you help me out with a school project....

i'm doing a fashion forecasting assignment in which i'm required to pick some new trends for the upcoming * SPRING 2007 * season. ST'ers are my target market(elitist/minimalist type guys) so i figured getting your opinion would help alot. basically, i need...

- 3 different clothing categories (ie: jackets, pants, shirts)

- 3 accessories (ie: necklaces, hats, belts)

*pictures or links as well please*

i thought this would be kind of a good idea for a thread too...where people could post up pictures of what they thought was cool at the moment. kind of like a "what's your favourite thing in fashion right now" type of thing.

anyways, whatever ideas you guys could give me would be awesome. thanks!

Best thing for you to do is to go to a site like www.men.style.com and check out the catwalk collections. Oh, and the premium denim market is definitely in decline (although people will obviously still keep on wearing jeans.)

i'm doing a fashion forecasting assignment in which i'm required to pick some new trends for the upcoming * SPRING 2007 * season. you guys are my target market(elitist/minimalist type) so i figured getting your opinion would help alot. basically, i need...

i thought this would be kind of a good idea for a thread too...where people could post up pictures of what they thought was cool at the moment. kind of like a "what's your favourite thing in fashion right now" type of thing.

thanks, but i'm kind of more interested in what YOU guys are into though, because i know you guys wouldn't wear alot of the outfits in men.style.com

I know I would. They've got what, just about every main menswear designer on there?

At the very least I'd probably wear some of Dior Homme's stuff (edit: in addition to Demeulemeester, Garcons, Cloak, Raf Simons, maybe some n(n) and a whole load of other things.) although this seasons collection is fucking ridiculous.

Seriously, the cat walks are your best bet if you didn't pick anything out of the WAYWT or Recent Purchases thread.

i'm doing a fashion forecasting assignment in which i'm required to pick some new trends for the upcoming * SPRING 2007 * season. you guys are my target market(elitist/minimalist type) so i figured getting your opinion would help alot. basically, i need...

No need to bitch on the guy, I think he clearly stated he wants to know what forum members think not what’s on the catwalk.

Nothing super exciting here as they’re things we’ve all seen posts about in the last months and that brought a near consensus on the forum. Basically what’s big on superfuture right-now (note that doesn’t mean those are Fuuma-approved just that people in here dig it).

• Fitted is still going strong

• M-65, peacoats and most military influence

• Flannels (see the flannel thread and one we had 1-2 months ago)

• Unusual motifs (stripes on peacoats, polka on shoes, herringbone on scarves, etc.)

• Japanese denim and raw jeans (a forum constant or so it seems)

• Less street (logos, flashy colors, dunks) more fashion/mature/minimalist

Some of mine for the coming months (won’t help you much though, more of a personal bias):

• More volume/drape

• Earth colors

• Shady professional look (sleek ankle boots, dress pants, semi-fitted dress shirts with small pointed collars and some 60s motif-stripes/checks, leather jacket)

• May 68 university professor (cords, sweater, button down, long scarf, big non-emo glasses, all earth colors)

• Chunky knit and cardigans

Girls...

- Tweed blazers/blazers in general, slim tapered jeans, polkadot/granny tops/watever street wear label tee.

- Gold necklaces, big colorful beaded necklaces, fat glasses.

In general, I love girls with that 'sense' of "style," but now EVERY girl has this "style."

They still are hot, but damn...

No need to bitch on the guy, I think he clearly stated he wants to know what forum members think not what’s on the catwalk.

thanks for helping me clear that up. i wanted more of a personal opinion from you guys. just checking out runway pictures isn't enough, though i am doing that as well. i'm using a combination of sources.

and thanks for your input as well fuuma

1. This season I am staying the hell away from all screen prints. Usually I am in Supreme, but just want to stay away from anything with a graphic. In fact, I am pretty certain that I will be wearing these white Kirkland tees from Costco (If I am not in a suit).

2. I recently sold all but one pair of pre-fabricated jeans. The one I did keep were some LVC miners. I am just going to focus on beating the shit out of a pair of 1947 LVCs.

3. Nike SB has to go. In fact most Nikes are gone. I do not give a fuck if there is a collaboration with Jesus, The Dhali Lama, and Sadaam, I refuse to buy. Most of my collection is at Flight Club in LA. The sneaker market is utter bullshit. I rely on a pair of off white Jack Purcells I got off of Amazon for $45. Even Vans is starting to tank. With the exception of the Ballistic Sk8 HIs, I don't care.

4. When it comes to jackets you can not get away from well made technical gear. However, since I live in Socal I have decided to not purchase a new jacket this season. Cold=Supreme M65 Moleskin (last winter season), Cool=Hooded Sweatshirt, Windy=Rei One Jacket, Snowboarding=UnderArmour Cold and a Tee.

5. I agree with most on the board who believe flannel is coming strong. A would go with a more fitted look, but I rock the same Pendleton I had in college.

6. Say good buy to fitteds. Fuck New Era! Beanies are classic, and a good one will last you through many seasons.

7. Mullets. All jokes aside. If faux hawks are coming back, so will this old favorite. A slight variation to give it a twist and, viola!

8. As a whole I find myself spending more money on the unseen pleasures in my life. I recently purchased cashmere socks. In the past I would have much rather purcahsed the Hickey shirt, but it's not like that anymore.

I also spent half my paycheck on Kiels and half the inventory of Anthony Logistics.

9. The trend across Japan has been this uniform thought on quality, and I believe that there are some, here, that are responding.

10. Good luck on the paper.

Faux hawks are 'coming back'? I thought we just got rid of the fucking things.

Agreed on the mulletish shape, but more modern and ultra straightened I'm seeing a lot of. Flat fringes, long feathery back and sides, textured tops. Pretty unisex style.

Also fuck New Eras. Seen a few trilbys amongst the movers and shakers of SF though.

.... 8. As a whole I find myself spending more money on the unseen pleasures in my life. I recently purchased cashmere socks. In the past I would have much rather purcahsed the Hickey shirt, but it's not like that anymore.

I also spent half my paycheck on Kiels and half the inventory of Anthony Logistics.

9. The trend across Japan has been this uniform thought on quality, and I believe that there are some, here, that are responding.

10. Good luck on the paper.

retrored hit this shit right on the head. there is some copy on http://www.newdandyism.com/ that reiterates these ideas. There are definitely some labels catering to this male consumer that want understated details and quality. brands like Nicholas K and rag and bone.

items that you'll want to keep forever, not future landfill.

Nothing super exciting here as they’re things we’ve all seen posts about in the last months and that brought a near consensus on the forum. Basically what’s big on superfuture right-now (note that doesn’t mean those are Fuuma-approved just that people in here dig it).

• Fitted is still going strong

• M-65, peacoats and most military influence

• Flannels (see the flannel thread and one we had 1-2 months ago)

• Unusual motifs (stripes on peacoats, polka on shoes, herringbone on scarves, etc.)

• Japanese denim and raw jeans (a forum constant or so it seems)

• Less street (logos, flashy colors, dunks) more fashion/mature/minimalist

Some of mine for the coming months (won’t help you much though, more of a personal bias):

• More volume/drape

• Earth colors

• Shady professional look (sleek ankle boots, dress pants, semi-fitted dress shirts with small pointed collars and some 60s motif-stripes/checks, leather jacket)

• May 68 university professor (cords, sweater, button down, long scarf, big non-emo glasses, all earth colors)

• Chunky knit and cardigans

He got most of the points, well at least imo.