Dry Selvage Jack & Jones

Bobbejaan

I just bought a Dry selvage denim made by jack and jones

Its a slim fitting denim with selvage accents everywere..

and the best of it all is that they cost just 39.95 euro available in Jack & jones Amsterdam ( kalverstreet )

Here is a pic

album.php?smartor_mode=album_pic&pic_id=1894

tell me what you think

low rise, button fly, The denim looks good but the finish is a little bit crappy loose treads and stuff.

and yes a little overdesigned, with selvage on the side, loops, 2 small pockets. But no weird stitching or anything.

but overall i cant complain for those 40 euro's

what does the back pockets look like? And how is denim quality and weight?

Jack & jones usually do over designed, cheesy shit imo. Or maybe the crowd wearing it in Sweden is the main problem, but anyways...

Not to mention that everybody in denmark wears them aswell.

• 5 years later...

Hi Sufu,

I've been trying to find more informations on my pair of Raw Selvage Stan Grade denim but couldn't find anything much useful. I've even emailed them asking for more informations (such as weight, fabric company origin) of this pair but their customer service couldn't help me with such question. According to the tag, it says it is made of japanese selvage denim and assembled in Italy.

Solely from my POV, this is a great pair of raw denims. Really love the details, cut, and stitching of the jeans. My guess is that this are unsanforized as they shrank pretty much (about 2 inches on inseam and 1 inch on waist) when I soaked them. Such a pity that I didn't take fit pictures of pre-soak to show how much they've shrank.

Vintage Special Edition (Stan Grade Raw Selvage):

3 Buttons Fly

Japanese Denim

Assembled in Italy

Cinch on the back

Chain Stitch

Slightly High Rise

Slightly Tapered Slim Straight

Crotch & Back Pockets Rivets

Exposed Selvage Coin Pocket

Pictures taken after roughly 2 months of wear:

6694235199_5c48741a65_z.jpg

6694231109_ae04cafb41_z.jpg

6694244117_b6813457ee_z.jpg

Weft is a bit brownish green. Right Hand Twill:

6694253435_bd28e09ce9_z.jpg

6694258709_a0ecacbcde_z.jpg

6694318471_626e24ff8f_z.jpg

Inside out:

6694325165_24784247c0_z.jpg

Edited by adrianghaust

Post-soak fit pictures:

6694310499_b872a1be78_z.jpg

6694312133_1b5322330b_z.jpg

6694313605_fba8c1f3af_z.jpg

Tag booklet pictures:

6694299405_62839c29cf_t.jpg

Jack & Jones Raw Selvage Stan Grade by adrianghaust, on Flickr

6694304067_9fcf98cd25_t.jpg

6694308805_64dc565af6_t.jpg

Thanks for posting fit pics and details. Sorry, normally I don't like to hate on something publicly, but after a little googling, I'm wary of this brand. The jeans don't look well-put together at all. When your copy reads:

"jeans intelligence is the core line of jack & jones, cool jeanswear for casual jeans lovers between 18 and 25. jeans intelligence features jeans with the trendiest fits and treatments to offer our customers the best and most fashionable jeans around. t-shirts, shirts and knits reflect the current, hottest trends with funky designs and daring prints as well as carefully selected colours and fabrics."

You know this company has nothing to do really appreciating and producing quality denim products. To their credit, they do say they're targeting "casual jeans lovers", but they also write "jeans intelligence"? Wtf is that supposed to mean? As others have mentioned before, it's just a Company riding the wave. I don't think this is forum-worthy at all.

http://www.jackjones.com/jeans-intelligence

Edited by grooveholmes

Thanks for posting fit pics and details. Sorry, normally I don't like to hate on something publicly, but after a little googling, I'm wary of this brand. The jeans don't look well-put together at all. When your copy reads: "jeans intelligence is the core line of jack & jones, cool jeanswear for casual jeans lovers between 18 and 25. jeans intelligence features jeans with the trendiest fits and treatments to offer our customers the best and most fashionable jeans around. t-shirts, shirts and knits reflect the current, hottest trends with funky designs and daring prints as well as carefully selected colours and fabrics." You know this company has nothing to do really appreciating and producing quality denim products. To their credit, they do say they're targeting "casual jeans lovers", but they also write "jeans intelligence"? Wtf is that supposed to mean? As others have mentioned before, it's just a Company riding the wave. I don't think this is forum-worthy at all. http://www.jackjones.com/jeans-intelligence

I appreciate your good points and thoughts about their Intelligence line. It seems like the brand itself is really targeting mass market.

When you said "The jeans don't look well-put together at all", were you talking about what I posted or talking about their jeans in general?

Edit: I don't really know or like to judge if something is forum-worthy or not. To me, forums are for people to share and discuss about a topic. In most of the cases, I think forums should contain topics that are not discussed or shared previously anywhere else in the internet world (or at least right here in sufu). Since, I can't really find much information about a pair of denim I bought and wore, I decided to try my luck here, and at the same time, share some pictures.

Edited by adrianghaust

Both. The fit isn't terrible on you, but it is far from great. The "cinch" looks shoddy, the back pockets don't work for me, either (way too big for the way it's cut). The stitching also looks cheap and overdone in places. If someone were looking to "casually" get into denim for a similar price point, they'd be better off finding a deal on some lightly used nudies, apc's or on-sale unbranded, n+f, gap, or jcrew selvedge jeans. At least the cuts are more spot on, and the quality is above and beyond these.

Of course, I'm speaking only from the photos I've seen.

Both. The fit isn't terrible on you, but it is far from great. The "cinch" looks shoddy, the back pockets don't work for me, either (way too big for the way it's cut). The stitching also looks cheap and overdone in places. If someone were looking to "casually" get into denim for a similar price point, they'd be better off finding a deal on some lightly used nudies, apc's or on-sale unbranded, n+f, gap, or jcrew selvedge jeans. At least the cuts are more spot on, and the quality is above and beyond these. Of course, I'm speaking only from the photos I've seen.

This pair was on sale and costed me only SGD$50. It's true to an extent that it's better off finding deal on those jeans, however to me, the jeans are not far from other brands in terms of the denim material itself.

I was just trying my luck on a pair of cheap selvage jeans and these surprised me, in a good way. :mellow:

Edited by adrianghaust

Both. The fit isn't terrible on you, but it is far from great. The "cinch" looks shoddy, the back pockets don't work for me, either (way too big for the way it's cut). The stitching also looks cheap and overdone in places. If someone were looking to "casually" get into denim for a similar price point, they'd be better off finding a deal on some lightly used nudies, apc's or on-sale unbranded, n+f, gap, or jcrew selvedge jeans. At least the cuts are more spot on, and the quality is above and beyond these.

Of course, I'm speaking only from the photos I've seen.

+1

i think it's got to the point where selvedge doesn't really mean anything anymore. i've even seen selvedge jeans available in primark ffs... and the labels that feel the need to flaunt it tend to be those that don't really understand the market - the primark pair i saw also had the selvedge showing on the coin pocket like those above, and had they had a cinch you can be sure it would have had the same thing going on. i'm afraid from the pics these just look like an average pair of mass-market jeans with some fussy details to try and appeal to the premium market (which they fail at).

that said, if you're happy with your jeans, wear them and fuck everyone else. :)