y-3..

edmond

I don't much like the majority of stuff that is put out by y-3, but that being said, I have a sweatshirt and long sleeved tee that aren't plastered all over with logos and actually have a great fit and quality materials.

As to the shoes, I had a pair of black y-3 fields with silver stripes. They looked really really good, and got tons of compliments, but in truth, didn't hold up to prolonged dancing/wear as well as a regular pair of adidas shoes.

I don't know that I'd personally ever pay full price for stuff from y-3, but if you can find it at reasonable prices and like the look, go for it. The predominance of the y-3 logo certainly says something about how hyped/trendy it is...

I really like Y-3. I miss the futurism/technological/sport inspired wear of the late 90s and Y-3 has that feel. The former Y's boutique in Roppongi just recently reopened as a Y-3 store and it's really inspiring. Very clean, sporty, and futuristic.

stuff is very hit or miss (as I already noted)

just wanted to add that the shoes are EXTREMELY comfortable (at least the three pair I've owned). A pair of shower slides are still a staple of my wardrobe, even though they are pretty ugly, they are a pleasure to slip into (wearing the right now as a matter of fact)

i owned a few y-3 pieces a long time ago. the quality wasn't impressive, so i got rid of them. the first year had a few nice pieces, everything else i've seen i haven't like.

oh and usher rocks y-3. never really liked the shoes- except for the early ones that he did with suit fabrics. i don't know if those were ever officially released or not as i had a sample pair.

guys what can you say about y-3's? the yohji and adidas collaboration..

Firstly, I didnt expect the items which are pretty costly, to be made in Thailand.

For such big ticket items, I would expect them to be manufactured in Italy, with leeway for some in Portugal or Turkey but its the first for me to see it made in Thailand.

As for the designs, the trainers look tasty.

Especially the silver and black trainers and yes they do have a futuristic look. Good option to consider during sale season. The tops seems to be more simplistic but still stylish compared to the usual Adidas stuff.