where would you rather work?

chris

i have an option. either work at urban outfitters, or work at gap.

GAP:

-extra $1.50 an hour (and another raise soon)

-all the hours i want

-cool people (i love all of my coworkers)

-everybody loves me

-good discount

-fun

-shitty clientele (stuck up soccer mom cunts, trashy bargain hunters, sartorial retards)

-the clothing doesnt appeal to me (as much)

-pushing credit cards (sometimes i dont mind it, sometimes i do)

URBAN OUTFITTERS:

-cool people

-seemingly fun

-the clothes are better (imo)

-good discount

-cute boys

-slightly less annoying clientele

-seemingly bitchy manager(s)

-lower pay

-starting over

-two hour closing

-everything must be boardfolded

-75% of the employees are in high school

-i might hate it down the road

WHAT TO DO??????????? I CANT DECIDE.

ps, i live in hell, and i just turned 19. so no, there arent any better places to work.

I know plenty of people who work for Gap, and their main complaint is that they have to run around with the American 'how may I help you?' attitude, which doesn't really work in England as we're all a bunch of grumpy bastards who just want to be left alone and make decisions for ourselves.

But yeah, Gap.

GAP!

Seriously Ditto-ing carl. I'd rather work around shitty yet unassuming clothing and soccer moms all day as long as it's around people that're fun, that's one of the most important things you can get at a job right now. It will contribute to you working happier and that in turn will contribute to you haveing awesome references for future jobs that are hopefully better.

You will TOTALLY hate the two-hour closing, the "slightly better clothes" you will hate and you will TOTALLY HATE THE CUSTOMERS eventually just as much or even more than soccer moms. Plus, a good discount is nothing compared to more pay, you can always wait for a sale at urban. Trust me, trust yourself, go gap.

Why do you even have to work chris? Just stay in school, join clubs, get loans, have a great time and then get an awesome job afterwards ^_^.

stick with gap- it's a blessing to have coworkers you like. you already think it's fun working at the gap, you're making more $...

if you go to UO you'll have shitty i'm-cooler-than-you teenagers and wannabe artists. having a bitchy manager sucks ass. and as said before 2 hour closings sound like they would be a total bitch.... plus kids go in there all the time and mess up the folded clothes, that's all you'll be doing all day.

what kind of people typically work/shop at UO?

from my experience their most loyal customers are mainly people who want to look like they care about how they look, but they dont care enough to actually be creative about what they wear and where they get it. also strongly represented are the teenagers with pockets full of mom and dad's money who still like to steal shit.

as far as the people who work there, they appear to be pretty much the same people as above except they look miserable all the time, and often if they dont like your style their disdain is palpable. (full disclosure, ive never experienced this firsthand, ive always gotten okay service...but ive seen other people get ignored, brushed off, lied to about what's in stock, etc)

obviously this doesn't describe every single person who has ever stepped into or worked at uo, and all of this is very much dependent on where the store is located. for example clientele is much less predictable at stores near college campuses.

i dont hate uo; i will go into their stores to kill time/look for bargains. however i would certainly hate to be a salesperson there.

I know plenty of people who work for Gap, and their main complaint is that they have to run around with the American 'how may I help you?' attitude, which doesn't really work in England as we're all a bunch of grumpy bastards who just want to be left alone and make decisions for ourselves.

But yeah, Gap.

shiiiiiiiit, if you think its bad at gap w/that attitude. Dont ever go to Bestbuy. it's a love/hate thing there for me. at least im getting 11.50 for not doing much talking to people and occasionally selling things.

Oh wait forgot one big thing, 90% of my coworkers are fags/sqaures. managers are chill some of them depends. "Team meetings" are ridiculous, have never been so ridiculed in my life by going to any of these. Basically for sqaures to learn how to sell shit.