Levi's LVC 1947-501

mynameisclever

they fade slower. If the pair you mentioned are still raw and fit you nice, I would suggest you to take them.

I agree about the slower fade. I've been wearing mine almost daily for the last 6 weeks and they are getting some fade, but nothing amazing. I love them though. The fit really well once they are broken in.

The LVC47s are very nice, slim-fit jeans. The denim is less slubby compared with japanese repros and also the construction (Sewing quality) is not at the same level, but overall I prefer them over most Japanese Repros because they're the real thing (well, almost) and can be worn even in very hot and humid situations.

For this price it's a real bargain (If they fit you fine).

Chipopo

definitely worth it. Levis are the original, you need at least one pair

exactly.I love mine and yes the fade is very slow but it will come...and it comes in a different way. Its a much more subtle slow fade but it becomes more appearent over time cause it is more consistant after a while. The combs are the real thing that are a pain in the ass

the 47s are great fit if you fit them. slimmer fit but not overly so.

they fade much different than the nudies. they take longer and the contrast over 6-8 months for the same wear is not nearly as much.. they turn a lighter shade of blue and the fade pattern is less noticeable.

the nudies worn identically are more contrasting, the faded areas turn this lighter aqua blue that is really nice. i personally like the nudie fade a lot they have a really great look to them.

however, the 47s i have are just comfortable so i wear them a lot and even though they fade less, its not really a big deal, they will eventually fade more, just give it time. there really is no rush.

Are the fits for something like the Sugarcane 47s and the LVC 47s the same?

No, sugar cane 47's are a much fuller fit...some say closer to the original Levi 47 fit although I have never seen any original Levis 47s. I have both Levis and Sugarcane 47's and they look like completely different cuts to me.

i'm just curious. i have a pair of the current 501 (standard fair. one rinse, not stf) and they fit great. i was wondering how the 1947 fit in relation to those and what other jeans fit similarly to the modern 501. i hear so much about how baggy they're supposed to be but my thighs are big so the bagginess makes them a perfect trim fit.

I just gave those 47s their second wash. I would say they fade perfectly - the indigo has kept its hue on the dark areas. I was going to start on some other jeans, but am starting to wonder whether I will ever like anything else as much as these.

Although I know Serge has suggested more recent LEvi's and LVC don't retain the indigo in the way vintage jeans did, to my eyes these look uncannily close to the 40s Levi's I've seen. There's just something timeless about the 47s. I will try and post pix of them in their present state, soonish,.

One thing: these aren't incredibly hard-wearing jeans. After six monhts hard wear, plus say another three monhts subsequently, there's heavy crotch wear (!) plus a lot of breaking of the fibres on the honeycombs etc...

Paul , On the question of LVC 47s cut vs origional cut what is your opinion (if you dont mind answering) ? I have fall 2006 and they are slim . Others have cast doubt on the authenticity of this yet pictures in you book , particuarly of 40s bikers seem to show both loose and slim cuts around the late 40s . My LVC 1955 are very loose in comparison to 1890s ,which i initially thought would be loose . Mind , the 55s (ss 06) are the most heavily dyed inigo jeans i have encountered (four cold / one warm washes and still very dark) Thanks , Mike