Seemingly Minor Medical Inconvenience Ruins Weekend

holeinthewall

Have you ever not played basketball for awhile and then played in some beat up shoes? I only played about three half court games and the blisters on my feet have prevented me from being able to walk. Walking to the bathroom is my limit. Seriously. This is terrible. What's your prescription? My roomate just went to Walgreens to get me some bandages, but any similar stories or sympathy you have to offer is greatly appreciated.

neosporin and bandages and thick socks are your friend for a few days. change bandages and let the blisters breathe for at least an hour a day.

I've been doing all sorts of dancing for most of my life, and blisters are part of the territory, that's the best way i've found to treat them.

once last year i decided to start running again after a long time of no major physical activity...i forgot to stretch, and ran about 3k's. My legs were so stiff i could hardly walk for several days.

this happened to me with a mere two miles and stretching. It was emberassing as shit because the tightness was manageable till I sat down for extended periods, which is all I do at work. So the few times that I actually did get up I was hobbling around like motherfucking frankenstein--cartoon version of course.

Oh and to the poster... <contempt> seemingly minor medical inconvenience huh? </contempt>, you wouldn't know seemingly minor medical inconvenience from a hole in the wall. <rimshot>

I always have a problem understanding this since I hardly ever get those from anything, I'd have to wear some completely fucked up shoes which would instantly hurt my feet. only got them a couple of times from marching 20 miles in combat boots with not enough stuffing :P

when you can still feel your blisters, you're still in a good shape. it's when you don't feel them anymore is when you should start worrying. i've lost two toe nails that way.

they grew back, though.

oh, and also heard recently, it's better to use synthetic socks than the cotton ones. the cotton socks absorb moisture and will make it more prone for you to get blisters.

COMPEDE, get em from walking shops, special plasters, gel filled or sumthing.

I used them all the time in the military, great product. they're not gel filled but I think they have something in them that actually helps heal the blisters in addition to protecting your feet.

COMPEDE, get em from walking shops, special plasters, gel filled or sumthing.

was about to recommend the same thing. used them a couple time while hiking and they worked magics...

edit: i use to have some band-aid that were gel-filled, don't remember the brand name though, but got them from an REI-type shop. but they were fucking expensive , something like 5 for 8$ or something...