gap has raw, 'authentic japanese', selvedge jeans.

chris

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found morrisons at the gap for $20, had a $20 gift card so i figured why not. i bought 30x32. I think the fit right now is perfect but i tried rubbing a paper towel on it and the indigo came off pretty easily, and i definitely don't want this stuff to rub off on my shoes/furniture/whatever. i'm thinking of doing a pretty quick cold soak, but how do you think it'll shrink?

I stopped wearing those gap straight selvedge after about 4mos. and 1 wash. I really didn't like the way that they were fading, and I had much better jeans to focus on. They are great though if you can find them cheap.

found morrisons at the gap for $20, had a $20 gift card so i figured why not. i bought 30x32. I think the fit right now is perfect but i tried rubbing a paper towel on it and the indigo came off pretty easily, and i definitely don't want this stuff to rub off on my shoes/furniture/whatever. i'm thinking of doing a pretty quick cold soak, but how do you think it'll shrink?

They will definitely shrink quite a bit. If they shrink to too small a size, I would just wear them dry.

I bought some morrissons a few days ago and so far so good. There are not to be compared with premium denim. They are nicer than good society jeans imo. The williamsburg, which is selvedge, is some really crappy feeling denim imo the morrissons are much nicer and cheaper too.

I'll post pics of my original morrisons (the ones with angel pattern pockets), whenever i decide to wash them. i bought them oct 2006. and i've worn them maybe 9 months total? I might wash them mid dec. i'm not too hard on my jeans so there's not TOO much fading.

Where do you guys find GAP selvedge for 20$?

and does GAP still sells them? I mean in their current collection? Because i dont see it on their website anymore

when I go to the store they are marked at $90+ CAD

The GAP website is not a good indicator of brick & mortar stock; i.e. the oft-discussed Gap Gough never showed up on the their website. As for getting deals, your best bet is to wait until the January sale.

• 3 weeks later...

i have some of the gap gough, and the fit isn't great. theyre 30x31 but are still way too long. i haven't soaked em yet, which is probably why theyre so long, so i'll give that a try and post some pics. i seriously doubt that theyll shrink to a wearable size even afterwards, but we'll see

• 8 months later...

Instead of starting a new thread, I searched and found this thread since it's the same topic.

I went to the Gap for fun today to take a look around and maybe check out some winter clothes. Pretty much found nothing til I decided to see if they brought back some selvedge denim again. They did. Low rise straight fit. There are prefaded ones and this pair was probably a one-wash. Not the darkest, but a fairly dark shade of indigo. Denim also wasn't very stiff at all. A lighter denim (moreso around 10oz?) At $98CAD a pair, might or might not be worth it to some...but it's still Gap jeans in the end. Might pick up a pair when they get reduced to $20-30.

Selvedge outseam, exposed selvedge coin pocket. Smallest size I found was a tagged 29, which still fit loose on me (27 in NS, 31.5" true waist). Here are some fit pics I took in the change room.

dsc00048wi7.th.jpg

dsc00049ov8.th.jpg

dsc00051rv5.th.jpg

• 3 weeks later...