APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in manhatten? its pretty neat, nice inside, nice tasteful stuff, i was a bit surprised about how expensive their other stuff is in relation to how relatively cheap their denim is

Do they sell the denim in the store? I remember I went there once, and I do not recall seeing the denim.

yeah, last time I was there, no jeans could be seen. of course I didn't ask, but I did not see any.
Haha exactly, and then I just walked out like a jerkoff cause everything else was like mucho expensive.

hey guys, long time reader but first time poster.

i've finally decided to buy a pair of APCs and i'm thinking about the new standard but i'm unsure about the size. i normally wear 30 waists and i like my jeans to be snug. not sickly tight, just not sloppy. my waist measures 30 inches (around the bellybutton).

to give an idea, here are a pair of Helmut Lang low-waist contour fits i have (waist 30). i really like the fit of these and i would like the APCs to be about the same tightness once they've stretched out:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/dylanfalk/contour.jpg

i also really liked the way these fit (sorry to whoever i hijacked this from!). i would want mine to turn out something like that in terms of the fit:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f220/behindxthiswall/apc4monthson.jpg

my big issue is i'm not sure if i should go down 2 or 3 sizes from my regular 30... 27 or 28? any ideas?

if you want them to fit like that you probably want 28s i think. in the waist they will stretch to about 31.

Hahaha, I did the same. Walked into the NYC store to look at the denim. Found nothing, and walked out. The atmosphere didn't seem inviting to window shoppers. But 45rpm though, most expensive, friendly store ever, even to window shoppers.

may i ask where is 45rpm located?

i'm thinking if buying one of those new black cures in stretch denim. normally im a 32 in nudie and in ns i have a 30 which fits perfect. do i have to size down on these? since they are stretch and no raw denim .... or are they true to size? thank u .....

i ordered some earlier this week....they should be arriving on monday. i sized down one to 29 after talking to keyko about the sizing. hopefully they are all good...PM me next week or some shit, ill let you know how the sizing is.

i originally tried on the NS in 31... those fit perfectly... struggled a little to button it... but alot of the guys here said to down size by 2... so i tried size 30... Snug would be an understatement... it was SKINTIGHT like girl jeans ... but without lycra... i didnt bother tryin to pull them up... just incase i rip it or something

i guess my thighs and calves is considered big... =T

@ the end, i just picked up the NS in 31...

i have a bad feeling about this... its like a gateway drug... downward spiral

It's just me. Because the quality of the denim totally changes when you soak em. One would be the indigo and the overall color of the denim as I like how the denim appears to have some shine and luster.. I like the look when it ages and wears out that way.

oh, well it didn't completely change in look. but i'm sure it would've been a little stiffer. though after i dried them, they were a lot stiffer than when i took them fresh out of the box. but if i were to wear them in some more, you wouldn't even know if i had soaked them in the first place (unless if you read the previous posts) :)