chucks vintage [blast from the past]

Bill2

Has anybody ever been to Chuck's Vintage on Melrose in LA? I went in for the first time yesterday and was ASTOUNDED at what they had. About 150 pair of small "e" redlines, vintage Lee and Wrangler....All origional, no repro stuff. They also had about two dozen big "E" jackets..........and here's the amazing stuff.....two glass cases with stacks of big E levis....all priced above $2500. They had a pair of unreal 1933's...dozens of pairs of 40's and 50's era stuff.

I was overwhelmed........I had to leave before I hyperventilated.

Anybody else been there?

-B

An additional note to anybody who goes....Don't be put off by the prices marked on the stuff...which are all obnoxiously high. I spent about 45 minutes in there talking to the japanese clerk and trying on jeans. By the end of the conversation the small e redlines I liked that were marked $228 went down to $100.

Definitely got the feeling that the place was designed for japanese tourists looking for american denim...and priced accordingly.

Also, on the same block....check out StraightLaced. Its a small sneaker shop but they have a dope little Red Wing collection. I bought a pair of 8130's today and love them! The guy, Walter who runs it is super helpful. He can get just about any RedWing boot you could want in any color.

• 1 year later...