Omnigod denim??

hamham3001

There's a company called Domingo in Okayama that's been around since 1936. Omnigod is their selvage denim subbrand since 1994. (But they've been making selvage jeans since 1986. Reorder the letters in DOMINGO and you'll get OMNIGOD.)

In one of the Japanese magazines I have, "The Jeans 2," it says Omnigod makes amazing distressed jeans. They manufacture their own denim materials. And especially in their 50-001A model, the color on the denim looks like a 10 year old vintage denim and they're supposed to be really comfortable to wear. Also priced relatively nicely (especially for a Japanese distressed denim) at ¥17,800.

I've seen mostly their straight normal fitting jeans so far and still haven't seen any slim fitting ones from them, yet.

hmm. i just did some more search out of curiosity and they actually look pretty good. they even have a pair of what they call a 5p tight straight 14oz jeans (50-052a) for only ¥15,750. this could be very good:

http://www.omnigod.jp/

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/la-mano/407394/419512/556774/#564558

doesn't seem like they have official overseas distributors, yet. you might want to bug 2000db about it, if you haven't checked him out, yet:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=13841

• 1 month later...

thanks guys.

travis, i really like these especially because of the price. check this out:

IMG_0736.jpg

it's a tag that came with the jeans. translates: People who love the real deal made this product by ignoring the overhead. Obsessive attention was paid to spinning, dyeing, weaving, sewing thread and buttons, then each product was manually sewn together one by one. Because of it, each product has warmth and will become more comfortable as the owner wears it which will result in unique textures. Please enjoy it for a long time.

poly, the belt is something i found at a vintage store called "what comes around goes around" in soho.

Wow... Chicken, since you seem to have gotten to know your Omnigod's quite well... could you describe how it fits, or perhaps measurements relative to the size you bought?

That price sure is alluring, especially with those amazing pictures.

img_0784a.jpgimg_0784b.jpg

img_0784c.jpgimg_0784d.jpg

sydney, i took some quick photos to show you the fit. (shirt courtesy of chris. ;) ) for reference, i'm 5'7 and 140lbs -- pretty average japanese size. i usually wear a 30w in most jeans (28 in apc ns). but i decided to size down on these to 29 because from my past experience i learned that if you don't wash frequently, your denim will stretch more over the course of time. (i average about one wash every three months.)

i've been wearing these for about three weeks now. they were a little tight in the beginning, but are now starting to get very comfortable. i seem to have a bit of athletic thighs, that's where they've been the tightest. i just took some measurements and looks like they've stretched around the waist and the thighs. :P

original waist: 29.5", current waist: 32.5"

original watari: 11", current watari: 12"

current inseam: 32.25" (never hemmed)

my guess for the reason why the waist stretched so much is because these are low rise. i measured my other jeans and my 30w umiis are 30.5" (higher rise) and my 28w aps ns, 32" (also lower rise).

EDITED: i posted a wrong inseam measurement earlier. my bad.

i'm with lilbucu; if we get cheap and ddml signing off on these and it'll be official. they look nice though. i don't know how many other companies manufacture their own materials, but I think that's pretty cool.

it's always something. . .

ooookay. i'll cosign.

already mentioned it elsewhere, but these jeans look dope in person. crazy fit. very dark-----it crossed my mind that these were the black pbjs at first.

glad that chicken is trailblazing. i wish half the people that bought diors in the past few months were instead checking out unexplored territory.

• 4 weeks later...

is that inseam measurement post shrink? and is a different inseam length an option? that may be a dealbreaker, but those are looking great. The fit does seem similar to the 811, and i love the cut on my 811's so that is a huge plus.

okay, noticed i can't do an apple-to-apple comparison because:

a) my omnigods are 29w and my eternals are 30w

B) my eternals were hemmed

c) my omnigods have stretched out

but, i'll give you my impressions, nonetheless. overall, the 052s feel more designy whereas the 811s feel more like truer repros. here are the reasons why:

first, the 811 denim looks more reddish blue compared to the 052 denim which is more yellowish blue. the 811 denim is just a shade darker, too.

the 811s have thicker belt loops and 052, thinner.

811s have five fly buttons. 052s, four.

the weft is very white on the 811s. on the 052s, they're yellowish.

the 811s come with hidden rives but the 052s don't.

now the measurements. i've included professional ones too, for comparison.

811 (bears' measurements):

size 30 -- waist 29.5", front rise 10.5", length 33.5", watari 10.5", leg opening 7.75"

052 (la mano measurements):

size 29 -- waist 29.5", front rise 9.5", length 32", watari 11", leg opening 7"

811 (my measurements):

size 30 -- waist 30.5", front rise 10.25", back rise 14.5", length 31", watari 11.25", leg opening 7.75"

052 (my measurements):

size 29 -- waist 32.75", front rise 9.75", back rise 14.75", length 32.25", watari 11.75", leg opening 7.25"

cool, thanks. did you order these straight from the rakuten store without a middlehand?

do they have as low rise as the measurements say? I'd love to see you compare the fit to the 811s, they have a higher rise right?

i didn't use any middlehand because i walked right into the store in harajuku. as you can tell in the measurements above, the front rise feels shorter in the 052 but longer in the back. right now, the 052s feel slightly more contoured whereas the 811s feel more straight.

is that inseam measurement post shrink? and is a different inseam length an option? that may be a dealbreaker, but those are looking great. The fit does seem similar to the 811, and i love the cut on my 811's so that is a huge plus.

the inseams are noticeably shorter on the 052s than pretty much all of my other unhemmed premium denim. earlier i posted my inseams as 32.75", but they're actually 32.25". (sorry, sometimes i can't read my own handwritings.) i have no clue if they sell longer ones and could very well be a dealbreaker for taller folks. i don't know if they even sell raw denim, but my 052a was a one-wash.

first, the 811 denim looks more reddish blue compared to the 052 denim which is more yellowish blue. the 811 denim is just a shade darker, too.

chicken, what do you mean by a "reddish blue"? - the depth of the dyework i get because when i compare the indigo on eternals to APC and even to skulls i really fall in love with the 811s all over again.

and how do you come about with a pair of almost-new eternals? the ebay?