Denim in Singapore

tweeds

i know a store stocks flatheads but not sure which. but samurais cnot be found in any shop in singapore. got to get them online.

Hey hur hur, is the place that carries Flathead in Haji Lane? Bilet Duox or something like that? If I am not wrong, that place is now defunct...

i guess singapore isn't really ready for jap denim anyway. Most people don't wear their jeans hard enough to justify the superior construct or fade them enough before some serious funk starts emanating from said pair - damn heat makes me reluctant to wear even my APCs out a sunny afternoon.

but the greatest culprit is, as you've pointed out, slavery to hype. i shed a tear for men in oversized tee-shirts, skinny jeans and flip flops.

But few people is really into Japanese denim in Singapore... a lot of em buy nudie because of that skinny fit + hype. I think for these 3 years that I have been buying and wearing Japanese denim. I've seen less than 5 people on the street actually wearing Japanese denim.... the most recent one is maybe a few weeks ago came across this guy wearing PBJ 005..

by the way, im heading to Tokyo from April 13 - 28, so if anyone wants to buy something let me know i'll help you get em ( think prps, somets, samurais, PBJs, or other non-denim stuff like julius) - naturally i need to know where to buy it from, along with price (so i know how much more to bring), size, model and description . Pictures would help ALOT.

i'll take maybe 1 or 2 orders at most cos i wont have the luggage space to bring too many things back. please pm me if you have decided you want to buy something and we'll work out the details .

i guess singapore isn't really ready for jap denim anyway. Most people don't wear their jeans hard enough to justify the superior construct or fade them enough before some serious funk starts emanating from said pair - damn heat makes me reluctant to wear even my APCs out a sunny afternoon.

but the greatest culprit is, as you've pointed out, slavery to hype. i shed a tear for men in oversized tee-shirts, skinny jeans and flip flops.

its true though, hot weather is a bitch, but heyyy, there are dedicated people in singapore, the fellow singaporeans here are also awesome denimheads

its true though, hot weather is a bitch, but heyyy, there are dedicated people in singapore, the fellow singaporeans here are also awesome denimheads

Just got a newsletter from blackjack in the mail...apparently they are going to stock Yurius, Nom*D and Petar Petrov this S/S 09.

Dunno if its overpriced shit like all C21 but worth checking out.

Now we will see more rich kids in chunky glasses, fashun haircut (shaved sides with textured top and tapered back), drapy scooped-neck tees, skinny jeans and vans with their hipster gurlfrens. HOOOORRRRAAAAY. THE SHARK HAS JUMPED.

Just got a newsletter from blackjack in the mail...apparently they are going to stock Yurius, Nom*D and Petar Petrov this S/S 09.

Dunno if its overpriced shit like all C21 but worth checking out.

Now we will see more rich kids in chunky glasses, fashun haircut (shaved sides with textured top and tapered back), drapy scooped-neck tees, skinny jeans and vans with their hipster gurlfrens. HOOOORRRRAAAAY. THE SHARK HAS JUMPED.

heheh. At least some still looked good

Yeah some of them are hot, but they're probably super-high maintenance. I prefer my american hipster girls that will fuck you for a gram of coke, always a cheap fuck concept.

I know that peruvian white isn't exactly cheap, but I rather buy that than new Chanel/YSL bag for hipster gal.

heh, yeah its always a pleasant surprise to see another singaporean putting on a pair of well-worn quality raws.

i'm looking to buy a pair of somets but im not sure where they're available in Japan, anyone knows where i can get them in Tokyo?

Yeah some of them are hot, but they're probably super-high maintenance. I prefer my american hipster girls that will fuck you for a gram of coke, always a cheap fuck concept.

I know that peruvian white isn't exactly cheap, but I rather buy that than new Chanel/YSL bag for hipster gal.

All you need for Sg hipster gurls :

CM

flowery blouse

denim vest/ faux leather jacket

fringe sandals

bucket bag

maybe a straw hat.

Anyways, got my ass to check out the ARC sale for jap denim few days back. Sucks ass b/c nothing fits me. For dudes that're like w34 lotsa good stuff to cop...

any idea when they'd have new stocks on their apparels ?

nope, no more jap denim at all. the shop owner said the reception hasnt been great, most ppl just wait for sales like these to buy the denim. he said he contacted warehouse and studio di aritisan actually, but decided not to bring them in.

For jeans, no restocks until further notice, maybe never at all. Apparel, should be soon I guess, since they are clearing the previous season's stuff. But other than rambling, no, I don't know when... :rolleyes:

If you guys are not yet fans, you can join the fan group on Facebook for Actually...., ARC and Wooonderland for updates... :) And once again, I am not a staff at either store... Cheers!

All you need for Sg hipster gurls :

CM

flowery blouse

denim vest/ faux leather jacket

fringe sandals

bucket bag

maybe a straw hat.

Anyways, got my ass to check out the ARC sale for jap denim few days back. Sucks ass b/c nothing fits me. For dudes that're like w34 lotsa good stuff to cop...

I heard early may.

Another look that isn't so bad but done to death by sg hipster gals:

Chunky eyeframes

Oversized flannel shirt

leggings

gladiators

Shit would be better with doc martens. Them bitches be biting gossip gurl yo.

Err anyone knows where I can get APCs in Singapore? The list was last updated in 2007... thanks.

front row or online?

wearing my apc about 3 times a week but recently wearing them nearly everyday. 1 year reaching but hardly any fades will post pics soon

teeheeeheee...

i've been seeing some imperials too

all i hope is that they get their fair share of wear

damn i love rhyming.

theres this group of ah bengs thats always at the smoking lane. rocking them diors and nudiez.

they sure love to people watch..

i'll be arriving in singapore in a week's time, what's the best mall i can go to for clothes? i dont have a lot of time to spend looking around, i'm only going to be there for 2 days.
What's you steez mang? Alot of malls in singapore but they are basically the same as the hk ones.

The front page of this thread will help. Although the sale season is pretty over or you're stuck with retarded sizes.

Check out ARC @ esplanade for omnigos/denime and the lawn @ wheelock place for imperials. Diors retail at absurd 500+ SGD for the basic model @ Club 21, 4 seasons hotel.

Btw, I checked out Yurius @ blackjack. Cargo shorts that sell for US400 go for SGD800. Go figure.

Also selection isn't much. I rather buy in perth when I make my trips there.

oh, ok.. well that sucks lol. i guess ill check out hk then. that esplanade thing is interesting though, is that near where im staying? i dont have transpo of my own, so im gonna go commute.

yup, it's ok near. Singapore's so small. anywhere is near to everywhere. and easy to commute too