Colab Eyewear

S*W*E*A*R

Double Identity

New Balance

Nike

Vans

Puma

From frontallabs

a quickie: what do you tell your friends when they ask if you hair only one pair of jeans? it's irritating me and i'm too lazy to tell them the 'raw deal'. somebody save me.

just say this to them "STFU NOOB"

hahahahahaha

just kiddin, just tell them these are raw jeans and are expensive as hell, so you need to wear them as often as you can to make every of your penny worth it.. anyway did you receive any compliments from them that those jeans fit like a glove?

this thread gonna turn into a sg selling thread. lol

Sorry man, just wanna let the Aprils go fast to fund other purchases.

And I really can't be arsed to post them in the supermarket and deal with overseas shipping.

And I really can't be arsed to post them in the supermarket and deal with overseas shipping.

it's not directed at you. chill mate. ima also post a couple up as well :D

i would love to set up a sg dealing thread if the rest wouldn't mind though there's are lots of reason not to as well. haha

if it's just a question of you being arsed, i'm going to have to put my foot down and say, post a new thread in the supermarket. i'll ignore a one-time quick ad, but rules are rules.

i'll even do you a favour and move your post: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=28491

CaptMomo and su8m3rg3d have managed to keep their selling largely to the supermarket all along, so let's keep it that way.

just out of curiousity and hope you don't mind me being nosey, what kinda purchases?

Denim of course! There's just never enough... :(

it's not directed at you. chill mate. ima also post a couple up as well :D

i would love to set up a sg dealing thread if the rest wouldn't mind though there's are lots of reason not to as well. haha

Haha no worries, I think it's a good idea actually... to have like a Singapore buy/sell/trade thread. Makes things much easier for us, furthermore we're quite a big group.

if it's just a question of you being arsed, i'm going to have to put my foot down and say, post a new thread in the supermarket. i'll ignore a one-time quick ad, but rules are rules.

i'll even do you a favour and move your post: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=28491

CaptMomo and su8m3rg3d have managed to keep their selling largely to the supermarket all along, so let's keep it that way.

Alright.

Denim of course! There's just never enough... :(

Haha no worries, I think it's a good idea actually... to have like a Singapore buy/sell/trade thread. Makes things much easier for us, furthermore we're quite a big group.

Alright.

i dont know if any of you have read this.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=28402

i hate the fact that we're such a big group. listen, there's a reason why we're here and not on frontal labs - cause we're different, and being here means embracing people internationally, so lets cut the crap, and cut down on the local bullshit because we don't own this joint. if any singaporean out there wants to be "at home" with alot of other singaporeans online, please let me direct you to www.frontallabs.com .

and please, don't return those fuckers who are hating on singapore any hate, cause 1. make peace not war and 2. take the scenario of foreigners migrating to our land and theyre population becomes larger and larger until it seems like theyre trying to take over, take it from the perspective of the locals - in this case we're the rapidly increasing population.

this isn't a local scene. just remember that.

our homeland isn't that interesting anyway.

i hate the fact that we're such a big group. listen, there's a reason why we're here and not on frontal labs - cause we're different, and being here means embracing people internationally, so lets cut the crap, and cut down on the local bullshit because we don't own this joint. if any singaporean out there wants to be "at home" with alot of other singaporeans online, please let me direct you to www.frontallabs.com .

and please, don't return those fuckers who are hating on singapore any hate, cause 1. make peace not war and 2. take the scenario of foreigners migrating to our land and theyre population becomes larger and larger until it seems like theyre trying to take over, take it from the perspective of the locals - in this case we're the rapidly increasing population.

this isn't a local scene. just remember that.

our homeland isn't that interesting anyway.

plongin, i'll need some enlightenment with this -

how is it bad that we're "such a big group"? apart from the 'sufu style' going mainstream with local kids (like it isn't already happening), i don't really see anything terribly negative about it.

hell, i'd die contented if singaporeans would bother to dress up properly.

and yes, make love not war. :P

hmm sad to say the massive influx of singaporean wawyt is getting a lil annoying, sometimes i would even ditch the idea of posting mine when I saw so many of our local wawyt.

Poof and I didn't even have this fuckin singaporean hate problem when we were posting ours during mid to late 06 and that was before this whole rep thingy started.

I know you guys are hungry for rep but hell, take it easy and give the waywt thread a break man.

why do you "hate the fact that we're such a big group"? does that make it less "exclusive" for you to be part of this community? and are we really that different from those on frontal labs forums? at least you would like to think you are.

no hate dude, but i don't think we're very different from those bickering kids from frontal forums at all, perhaps just a little more articulate. we don't own this "joint", obviously, but we never acted like we did. if you'd thought so, then you're no different from the haters. and it's never cool to hate on your own country.

it was just a sudden increase of singaporeans on superfuture forums that might seem like a cause for alarm for many, and especially with one or two high profile figures, it became very convenient to direct your displeasure at them.

of course we will not "return the hate", because we're greater than that, and because we know that these people are missing the point. we shall not let a few dedicated haters here ruin our involvement in this little community.

plongin, i'll need some enlightenment with this -

how is it bad that we're "such a big group"? apart from the 'sufu style' going mainstream with local kids (like it isn't already happening), i don't really see anything terribly negative about it.

hell, i'd die contented if singaporeans would bother to dress up properly.

and yes, make love not war. :P

hmm sad to say the massive influx of singaporean wawyt is getting a lil annoying, sometimes i would even ditch the idea of posting mine when I saw so many of our local wawyt.

Poof and I didn't even have this fuckin singaporean hate problem when we were posting ours during mid to late 06 and that was before this whole rep thingy started.

I know you guys are hungry for rep but hell, take it easy and give the waywt thread a break man.

im not saying its bad because of our size. its bad because, if you havent noticed recently, we make many "local" references, on major threads of an international forum, and it can be perceived by "non-singaporeans" to be pretty overpowering. and because of this, I completely understand where the hate is coming from, because even as a "singaporean", im getting pretty bored of these references being strewn all over the threads.

i don't have a problem with many singaporeans posting on waywt - cause when i look at the waywt thread, it doesnt matter to me where the person is from. BUT its the references to our LOCATION ( like I said, overpowering & stale ) ... somehow that extra statement of "its so hot here in singapore" etc or that tinge of singaporeanness just has to appear, which is unnecessary.I mean, if it was just a waywt picture and we made no other comments in those posts, i highly doubt we'd be singled out for hate (speaking of which, post those waywts man, your ship blues are awesome). ive been guilty of this in the past as well, and I've decided to tone it down a notch, because I feel that the international aspect of this forum should be respected.

I'm not making references to just the waywt thread alone. but to the whole forum. if you have been following this thread, this debate spawned from the want to "start" more "singaporean" based threads.

why do you "hate the fact that we're such a big group"? does that make it less "exclusive" for you to be part of this community? and are we really that different from those on frontal labs forums? at least you would like to think you are.

no hate dude, but i don't think we're very different from those bickering kids from frontal forums at all, perhaps just a little more articulate. we don't own this "joint", obviously, but we never acted like we did. if you'd thought so, then you're no different from the haters. and it's never cool to hate on your own country.

it was just a sudden increase of singaporeans on superfuture forums that might seem like a cause for alarm for many, and especially with one or two high profile figures, it became very convenient to direct your displeasure at them.

of course we will not "return the hate", because we're greater than that, and because we know that these people are missing the point. we shall not let a few dedicated haters here ruin our involvement in this little community.

now valhalla, its not about being exclusive at all - i dont pay a membership fee to be here, i don't have to be elected into this forum, its not regarded as a status symbol, and i definitely dont give a shit about e-fame. its just a forum. or at least, to me it is. i don't "like to think" that im different from the frontal people, I know I am, and thats why I'm not on frontal and I migrated here - and I think I can say the same for most of us who are here, cause we feel theres something different about ourselves. (ive seen backinthetrees and tweedles on frontal - and you can clearly tell that they aren't on the same wavelength as people on the frontal forums - im not referring to exclusivity or status or articulation, but purely in terms of interests)

but lets not go off track.

I think you took this in the wrong direction: frontallabs is a singapore based forum ; superfuture is not. we have a right to call frontal a local forum, whereas we don't have the right to make superfuture a local forum. I used frontal as the prime example for locality on a forum, no hate directed at it in this context (unless you were swayed by my former signature.)

you might not think that we've acted like we've "own this joint", but as you can see, thats not what others think. I don't support the hate, but amidst the adolescent hate sentences(sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me), we have to take into perspective where this hate is coming from. there is a reason for it, it did not spawn from nowhere. I treat the hate as more of a restlessness and whining from some in the community, but if they have a point, it should be addressed.

I don't direct my displeasure at any "high profile figures" (honestly of which I see none) or anybody in specific. Like I said, I've contributed to the reason why there's hate against us too. whatever the hate is, i've decided to tone the "locality" of my posts down, because we're here on sufu cause we have things in common: love of clothes, food, lifestyle - not nationality.

don't get me wrong, i'm fucking happy that i've actually made new local friends through this forum, people whom I perceive to have things in common with me more than just my nationality. but that doesn't seem to be portrayed to some others in the community because of the statements and the "inside" references that we consistently make.

apologies for making an ambiguous statement such as " i hate that we're such a big group". i just re-read it and it sounds really bad. heh.

and p/s: don't get me started about hating on this country man...you have no idea... i will rip. haha.

i've met poof - he's chill, i've had skype convos and frontal crossovers with tweedles, i've had meals with soepom & sl*t, and midnight buttsex with backinthetrees & munch crunch. and I've enjoyed meeting this people - because of interest? definite. because of location - default . (somehow i haven't met you yet)

it's never cool to hate on your own country.

really? (7) damn.... i gotta go find my howtobecool101 lecturer and give him a big

fuck-you-002.jpg

good fun good fun.

however, as i said before, i love this place enough to hate it, and as it seems, right now, its close to impossible to try instigating change.. of course, i do play my role and leave little messages here and there which hopefully have made people think a little more about the state we are in.. dont get me wrong.. we're fine.. but i think we have potential to do so much better, which at the moment, is being withheld..

i don't have a problem with many singaporeans posting on waywt - cause when i look at the waywt thread, it doesnt matter to me where the person is from. BUT its the references to our LOCATION ( like I said, overpowering & stale ) ... somehow that extra statement of "its so hot here in singapore" etc or that tinge of singaporeanness just has to appear, which is unnecessary.I mean, if it was just a waywt picture and we made no other comments in those posts, i highly doubt we'd be singled out for hate (speaking of which, post those waywts man, your ship blues are awesome). ive been guilty of this in the past as well, and I've decided to tone it down a notch, because I feel that the international aspect of this forum should be respected.

amen.

although i'd rather see those "unnecessary" comments than have people ID what they wear as "black tee, black jeans, black underwear" - like c'mon, do i look like i'm color-blind?

im not saying its bad because of our size. its bad because, if you havent noticed recently, we make many "local" references, on major threads of an international forum, and it can be perceived by "non-singaporeans" to be pretty overpowering. and because of this, I completely understand where the hate is coming from, because even as a "singaporean", im getting pretty bored of these references being strewn all over the threads.

kudos on the great post albeit offtopic. I mean, I'm a mere lurker on these forums, but from what I've observed this is exactly the problem, it's like wow the NE programme must have worked, 'cause is there really so much pride to be found in this national identity? if you clump yourself with a certain group/clique/stereotype, it's inevitable that others will come to identify you as such - so by continual mention of a singaporean-ness, people will come to identify one's personality, taste, style and possibly character (if repeated enough and perhaps by enough people) with singapore, and vice versa especially if they haven't had any previous contact with another singaporean (though of course it's not all a oneway thing, the audience will be varied in its prejudices, and well, empty vessels make the most noise)

and that's my two cents

anyways I'm not quite into any of this (superfuture) stuff, I just find it all very interesting (like a few months back I didn't even know what raw denim was, seeing the results of some, I've come to appreciate the fact that 300 or so bucks spent on a pair of good jeans isn't too ridiculous anymore), never hurts to know more about the world in general aye?

i kind of like that 7 pairs of the same design one, made me chuckle a little. if we all stop our comments about this hot country(everyone probably knows this already), there would not be so much hate going on. and yes, make lots of love, we need to increase our replacement rate. fuck that photo, it's disturbing me ;(

^ props to those who posted. i wouldn't even bother to type so much.

anyway, yeah. just stop commenting about our weather.

stay indoors with air con if you cant take it.

lets just hope for peace for now on.

dont hate the nation that much man. at least it's safer and has good food compared to many other countries thou the increasing tax on almost everything(fags*) is killing me but yeah, dont hate singapore, just live with the fact that you're unlucky to be in this sunny island flooded with hypebeast and high-end rudeboys.

at least we got julian red jeans. :)