Denim in Singapore

tweeds

Buy a 15oz or a 17oz Samurai. I'm sure you'll be able to find a pair that are both practical and fit good. Then again, it may not need to be Samurai ..... :)

Superfuture is a great place, but there's too many good things that will kill your wallet. Be wise ......

do you need to cut a lot of fabric off? If not, why not just cuff them? Personally, I don't like the idea of hemming my beloved jeans .....

hi lek,

I got it secondhand and the original hem (W32xL34) already badly torn.

I can't wear it just like that it looks ugly. I need a tailor that can do chain stitching and good at it.

yea.. got to get one pair..I have to let go my Okinawas i just got today...really not used to the fit :( ...to the supermarket!

Hey k3mistry....... I can buy it off you if the price is reasonable :)

with regard to heavy denim and our climate, remember to hydrate yourself adequately......... wahahaha imagine heat stroke from wearing jeans.... not a nice story to pass down your kid/ grandkid......

i think lek's input in this thread has been invaluable(sp?) thus far.

and imo, owning 29 pairs of jeans is perfectly normal.

some ppl collect toys, old posters or shoes.

so why not jeans?

plus i like how i can document my life according to the wear/rips/stains on my jeans,

and its seriously a piece of clothing that actually evolves with you.

i think lek's input in this thread has been invaluable(sp?) thus far.

and imo, owning 29 pairs of jeans is perfectly normal.

some ppl collect toys, old posters or shoes.

so why not jeans?

plus i like how i can document my life according to the wear/rips/stains on my jeans,

and its seriously a piece of clothing that actually evolves with you.

Well said CaptMomo...... do whatever that pleases you, all other comments are secondary.... it's your life and you alone (well sometimes your other half hee hee) dictates how it should function :)

i hate the feeling only be able to look at them but can't wear them, yet ..... :(

I tried rotation, but that's also when I realised that each pair will take forever to fade, 'coz I have only 1 pair of legs and weekends to wear jeans .....

i hate the feeling only be able to look at them but can't wear them, yet ..... :(

I tried rotation, but that's also when I realised that each pair will take forever to fade, 'coz I have only 1 pair of legs and weekends to wear jeans .....

I second that Lek..... so i guess it is a good thing I only have 4 pairs.... guess i will stop at 4 then..........thats if i can arghhhhhhh

I think it would take a year or there about to even get some resonable wear in those jeans..... too much of a good thing, is not really a good thing IMO wahahahahah

who wants to try running 2.4 with jeans on? you get to keep fit and have a great fade! try to ignore the stares though.

who wants to try running 2.4 with jeans on? you get to keep fit and have a great fade! try to ignore the stares though.

and then your jeans get soaked in sweat and it starts to smell gunky.........imagine that.....

so I guess, I will pass on this... but i dun mind watching from the stands....... hee hee

be careful, you'll buy another before you realised what you're doing ..... :eek:

and before you know it, eh? 30 pairs !!!! ...... :mad:

wahahaha.......... i am trying to resist the temptation........ i think i will have to take up yoga pretty soon... it is healthy and like meditation, it helps to clear the mind of evil thoughts (denim hunting) wahahaha....... of course the babes in the yoga class are a definate plus........... but damn yoga classes cost as much as a pair of jeans so might as well settle for the jeans wahahahah please pardon my warpped thinking thanks

i hear febreeze. let's get movin'

can i still stand by my initial idea of watching from the stands???

To be frank, my beer gut forbids me me participating in any strenuous excercises....... and walking is third on the list of forbbiden activities........ ok ok i am FAT period no more lame excuses wahahahahah

I got it secondhand and the original hem (W32xL34) already badly torn.

I can't wear it just like that it looks ugly. I need a tailor that can do chain stitching and good at it.

retroman, as far as I know, there isnt a place where u can do chain stitching, however you could try dr john's @ lucky plaza or clancy's at far east...which are probably the most reputable for dealing with denim.

retroman, as far as I know, there isnt a place where u can do chain stitching, however you could try dr john's @ lucky plaza or clancy's at far east...which are probably the most reputable for dealing with denim.

ah ha. the legendary dr john.

though he has good workmanship, punctuality is not one of his plus points.

i actually have a pair of jeans sent for tapering in Oct '06 and its still not done yet.

haha sorry but got to bitch about it.

but if you are just planning on length alteration,

he is usally not that slow with his hemming.

ah ha. the legendary dr john.

though he has good workmanship, punctuality is not one of his plus points.

i actually have a pair of jeans sent for tapering in Oct '06 and its still not done yet.

haha sorry but got to bitch about it.

but if you are just planning on length alteration,

he is usally not that slow with his hemming.

try tet tailors! reccomended by the nice guys over at style nordic.

try tet tailors! reccomended by the nice guys over at style nordic.

I have heard of them (dr john's, clancy's, tet tailors) from other forums. Which is the best?

Unfortunately,most of the tailors (dr john's, clancy's, tet tailors) that so call specialized in hemming cant do is chain stitching.

Just wonder where do you guys send for hemming or you never hem your denim.

Btw, how much a chain stitching machine cost? Anyone knows?

Thinking of switching to be a tailor just denim hemming since there isn’t one locally.

I have heard of them (dr john's, clancy's, tet tailors) from other forums. Which is the best?

Unfortunately,most of the tailors (dr john's, clancy's, tet tailors) that so call specialized in hemming cant do is chain stitching.

Just wonder where do you guys send for hemming or you never hem your denim.

Btw, how much a chain stitching machine cost? Anyone knows?

Thinking of switching to be a tailor just denim hemming since there isn’t one locally.

yup unfortunately no chain stitching available as far as i know.

i sent my imperial dukes to dr john.

i actually managed build a rapport with him cos i constantly visit him for jeans he still owe me.

because of our 'rapport' he did my urgent dukes request in under 2 hours.

36' inseam is way too long for most singaporeans i guess.

it maybe quite a waste to hem those selvadge denim and stacking maybe an alternative

but not all jeans work out with stacking and in my opinion 'over' stacking looks funny.

yup unfortunately no chain stitching available as far as i know.

i sent my imperial dukes to dr john.

i actually managed build a rapport with him cos i constantly visit him for jeans he still owe me.

because of our 'rapport' he did my urgent dukes request in under 2 hours.

36' inseam is way too long for most singaporeans i guess.

it maybe quite a waste to hem those selvadge denim and stacking maybe an alternative

but not all jeans work out with stacking and in my opinion 'over' stacking looks funny.

Sweetmofo,

How is the workmanship of Dr John?

Does he use the thread that closely matches to the original thread’s colour and the thickness of the stitch match the original stitches out from the factory?

You are right, any inseam longer than 34' is just not for average singaporean.

I have seen many denim hemming that are just awful. People just don’t care about all these details and that ruined the denim. Maybe not the fault of the denim owner but the tailor that did the hemming just doesn’t bother.