Where are you from?

azn8oi

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a very diverse list of places you've lived in...

Ah, I think england beats me with most diverse. I can't even imagine what it must be like to live between Pakistan / India nowadays with all the political conflict.

mm.. I think when people say "I'm from LA" it really just means that I live in West LA (everything West of Pasadena). I don't know ANYONE that lives in 90032, the literal zip code for Downtown LA and its surroundings.

i wasn't being that literal. i just meant most people that i meet that are "from LA" live even further away than pasadena, which i guess explains why people from west la have been starting to say, "i'm from west LA" or "i live on the west side".

i couldn't care less, really. it's just an interesting way to go about things.

And what's with most LA people having lived in Riverside? Did you like it? ... Cus I hate it.

Riverside is wack. Filled with AZNs and the klukluxclan.

Immediately went to UCLA right after graduating from that school... and I found out that it's the same here. Except the asians are rich and wear abercrombie all the time, and the klukluxclan are in greek frats! I actually liked the people @ ucriverside better (students, not the neo-skinheads). Join a social club at UCR and floss with your supergay knowledge from superfuture, you'll be the talk of the town. :cool:

My favorite people in L.A. are the peeps who went from UCR.

Oh and I was born in Bikol P.I.

Ah, I think england beats me with most diverse. I can't even imagine what it must be like to live between Pakistan / India nowadays with all the political conflict.

Definitely not more diverse, you've got quite the list.....I would love to get out to NYC and Japan, lucky dude. Everyone always asks me this and the answer is no (banker), but was one of your parents in the military?

I was in Pakistan almost 20 years ago, and when we were there it was great (or so I am told; I was a wee England). There is a Pakistani dude in my work who says he loved growing up there but now the people are different and it isn't a safe place to be.

Wow, I envy alot of you guys who have seen all these different places. I've lived in the DC area (a little over 3 years) and in Southern California (only long enough to have a superficial appreciation of it) other than that lived in hot ass South Texas. I'm considering law school in Austin once I graduate in about two years.

Definitely not more diverse, you've got quite the list.....I would love to get out to NYC and Japan, lucky dude. Everyone always asks me this and the answer is no (banker), but was one of your parents in the military?

I was in Pakistan almost 20 years ago, and when we were there it was great (or so I am told; I was a wee England). There is a Pakistani dude in my work who says he loved growing up there but now the people are different and it isn't a safe place to be.

Nope. My parents are in the medical profession and my father was layed off several times, hence the moves. Those experience made me realize I never want to work for someone else in the future.

St Helens... is that a school or a place?

Unfortunately, St Helens is a town. Famous for its glass factory and its rugby team. And for being a soul-crushing-shit-hole. About half an hour away from Widnes, also famous for its (bad) rugby team.

North-West of England, home of teenage pregnancies and the first ASBO, I believe.

Managed to escape to London though.

Nope. My parents are in the medical profession and my father was layed off several times, hence the moves. Those experience made me realize I never want to work for someone else in the future.
Quoted for truth.

Seeing my father getting laid off, I chose to become a licesed professional

for which there's always a need for hiring - physician.