Tokyo trip - Vinyl Designer Toys

kuttnhaste

Hey all,

I'm heading to Tokyo next week and I'm trying to find out where the best Vinyl Designer Toy stores are... similar to Kid Robot in New York.

I was in Tokyo a year ago and spent a whole lotta time in Harajuku checking out shoes and clothes, but I never found any Designer Toys. I thought there'd be heaps of them?

Any advice would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks heaps.

In Shibuya, when you walk toward Parco, there's this toy shop on a corner just like 2 blocks before the apple shop, it's like 7 floors, too much stuff to buy.

also, check out this store if for Kubricks, totally crazy

http://andtoy.com/

if you don't mind having to go through all the junks, there's quite a lot of stuff to be found in akihabara

think about it this way, this is the same reason i didn't buy any shoes when i was over there because ITS MUCH TOO FUCKING BULKY!

I feel like vinyl toys, you kind of want to keep the box, and with the bigger figures ie. kaws stuff, those things add so much to your suitcase

would you actually buy some of those Kaws pieces that go into multiple bills?

poly800rock: Yeah understand the luggage issues. But I might just like to buy one big toys and lotsa little ones. And I figure if you in the mekka of Japan you may as well check out all the shops you can. I just love the culture and seeing what stores are doing in other parts of the world.

naturaljax: Fo sure. Not heaps maybe just one. Probably wouldn't spend more than $200 though. :)

would you actually buy some of those Kaws pieces that go into multiple bills?

The only mainstream piece worth owning is Kaws' wood be@rbrick and you can grab that for $700. I think it's a steal for that.

Besides that, the only vinyl worth owning is anything by Android 8. The only vinyl that's still art...