Alife session: John Mayer x Just Blaze

xcoldricex

It was a pretty crazy night- I used to dislike John Mayer, but his short-lived comedy show on VH1 was hilarious. Then, his appearance on Chappelle's Show was great. And, when a mainstream pop star openly says, "The only reason I sang pop songs is to make enough money to pay for my real music" it's kind of cool.

I am a big fan of John Mayer. He's a great pop musician (good lyrics, melodies, etc), but he's taking it further than that, playing with some of the best soul/funk/etc musicians of our time - Pino Palladino, Steve Jordan, Roy Hargrove, etc. He's bringing good music to the masses. He's got my respect.

And just blaze is dope too. Has anyone heard that track that he did where he freaked the beat from superfreak? Go to his myspace, it is pure dope.

• 2 weeks later...
john mayer is fucking cool. ive loved reading his semi-column in esquire for however long, dude seems real as hell and smart too. and i usually hate fucking everyone.

I agree, dope dude. big fan of just blaze too.

dont know if you guys seen this but it was hilarious!

john mayer came back from where ever he was. he was out of the game doing his own thing for like a year or two. im glad that now he is back in the spotlight he is keeping it real. the esquire column was great and his honyee blog is suprisingly cool.