favorite artist.

red

Shorty Homeslice da Airbrusha; responsible for infamous works such as this:

2nvdtti.jpg

Some contemporary artists I also like include:

- Banksy-

- Damien Hirst - he is a cocky fuck, but his shit is pretty crazy, besides that, the motherfucker lives in a castle:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts/4204060.stm

http://www.adam-stanford.co.uk/toddington-manor/manor/tm-history.htm

Although it's hard to decide, if I had to pin down the most important, interesting, creative and influential electronic music of the 1990s, it would be Autechre hands down.

i'd probably agree, although my knowledge of that genre is somewhat limited. i'd say someone like aphex twin still surprise me simply because some of the stories he has behind him...like the great rock and roll swindle 20 years later...i don't know if you'd like this minya, but the only real electronic album i bought in the past few years was takashi wada's meguro. it's really fucking awesome. I don't know where they stand in the cool chart of electronic stuff though.

i'd say my bloody valentine were artists.

yeah, Aphex is a fucking maniac. He's definitely a character. No doubt he's unbelievably influential as well -- stylistically, musically, and visually -- (see his videos, his work with the Designers Republic) -- but I think Autechre just slightly edges him out. Although it's pretty much a moot point.

haven't heard Takashi Wada, but he's part of Kompakt's "Pop Ambient" stuff. Check out the other stuff on Kompakt if you want to hear more in that vein.

yeah, Aphex is a fucking maniac. He's definitely a character. No doubt he's unbelievably influential as well -- stylistically, musically, and visually -- (see his videos, his work with the Designers Republic) -- but I think Autechre just slightly edges him out. Although it's pretty much a moot point.

haven't heard Takashi Wada, but he's part of Kompakt's "Pop Ambient" stuff. Check out the other stuff on Kompakt if you want to hear more in that vein.

cool, never knew what that style was called, will check it out.