Winter coats?!

Le kid

The apc one is ugly. If you're going to wear something less aesthetically pleasing for the sake of warmth, you could get a canada goose parka.

Yeah, Canada Goose seems to be the IN thing in Toronto, I swear..I saw a group of people last Winter with the same jacket, Just in different colors.

Its a nice looking jacket though dont get me wrong.

that's really nice. exactly what I've been looking for. do they stock any kazuyuki kumagai anywhere in england/london?

vertice stocks kazuyuki kumagai

That really doesn't look like a winter coat. You'd have to layer a shit ton for it to work anywhere but florida or cali

it's definitely lighter in weight than a pure wool coat, it is a stainless steel, wool, linen and silk blend. should be fine for milder climates like here though :cool:

you will not make it. Unless it's got some amazing lining technology.
you'll make it unless you sleep on the street or wait in line at supreme for 3 days

damn, which one is it? I mean, 80% is relatively warm + wearing a sweater or sweatshirt underneath. It's sold out in all the good sizes so until it comes back in stock I have time to think.

Speaking of Fjällräven, I tried on the Greenland winter jacket today. Really nice fit imo, and looks great. The lining is some kind of pile fleece, so hard to say how warm it is, but its not that thick though, rather light weight, which probably works well with some more layering. The G-1000 fabric is usually possible to wax, but I dont know how it works with the lining though, will have to ask that.

It fits big as all Fjällräven, and the sleeve length is long so its easy to size down. Im normally an US 44, and a large in Fjällräven.

Will probably get it next month...

81434-620_400x400.jpg

Could you please post a picture of how it fits?

yeah to you mang

but the apc does look alot more thicker, but you can always layer with the fishtail

My plan exactly.

The apc one is ugly. If you're going to wear something less aesthetically pleasing for the sake of warmth, you could get a canada goose parka.

Hmmm...I don't think it's UGLY...but I hear you...I would do a Canada Goose jawn...but you know...aesthetically, it's one of those "look at what I have on underneath this heap of warmth". You know, it's not the flyest shit you could throw on...but the plus side is you could walk around in the dead of winter with only a t-shirt under it (and be comfy).

damn, which one is it? I mean, 80% is relatively warm + wearing a sweater or sweatshirt underneath. It's sold out in all the good sizes so until it comes back in stock I have time to think.

I dunno holmes...I always like to be comfortably warm in winter...NYC can be shitty (not MOntreal or Chicago shitty...but streaks of temps in the teens, and even single digits, shitty...unless global warming fucks with it even more this time around)...just my 2 cents as a born n bred NYC'er...a longer coat (at least 3/4 length) is recommended unless you got some ill thermal undies on...some days when that shit is blowing, you just don't want any chance of exposed flesh.

Yeah, The jacket is pretty nice for the price. The sleeve was a little too long for me and to get it tailor would have cost too much.

got that one too, 30€ is quite a nice price, all similar jackets or coats they offer are at least double that price here.

a 46 was too short, i got a 48 which seems quite large now. since they usually have only very few 46 they are already sold out so i cant exchange it. i hate h&m size supplies.

kinda thinking about getting this:

arcteryx-trident-hoody-mens-armadillo-3.jpg

Only $125 as it's from last season..

Ended up getting this for $94..it doesn't fit me too great. Fits well in the shoulders but it's kinda cut slim so I had to size up, therefore the waist is meh...plus it's not too warm for winter, but it is windproof. I probably will return it :/

Picking out a winter coat is so much effort.

I went along to Selfridges yesterday and tried on a few things. About the best I saw was a Filippa K long coat in beige that was kinda patterned. Can't find a picture of it online but I didn't pick it up anyway as I thought the cut made me look a tad feminine.

there's some really kick ass coats by krane, check out kranedesign.com

click on krane man, then the fall collection.

does anyone kno any places that carry their coats? i have seen their bags and i own one but i don't kno any who carries their outerwear.

i like their duffle coat a lot, they say the inside lining is swiss military blanket, sounds very interesting....