Winter coats?!

Le kid

How do Filson coats fit? I am thinking of getting a tall size cruiser or double layer cruiser.

I love their slogan though

"Might as well have the best"

The cruiser's fit is boxy through the chest area, but it's easy for a tailor to take them in at the sides to make them look better. Some of the newer jacket designs have better fits.

They're classics IMO, and are still made in the U.S. If you visit their store in Seattle you can see all of the old ladies in their factory area sewing them together.

dang, sewn by old women in Seattle. That pretty much settles it I will buy one.

Reminds me of those great pictures out there of young middle-class looking japanese people sewing jeans in the Momotaro factory.

Any comment on the double layer cruiser VS the single layer?

It looks like structured silhouette is lost on the double layer coat due to the 'cape,' but I like the charcoal offered on the double layer more than the green of the single layer cruiser.

You can get the regular Machinaw Cruiser in the charcoal wool, as well as several other colors and patterns. I prefer that one personally over the caped one, which in my limited experience isn't going to give you that much extra warmth over a single layer - the wool itself is already pretty heavy and substantial.

thinking about a red gloverall duffle (anyone know where to get em online?) or this g-star which looks heavy enough for the -30 cel winter here:

photo25748.jpg