Your Thoughts On New/Neu Rave Stylings?

Aotearoa

Awesome, like wearing Sonic the Hedgehog costumes and stuff? You would get so much ecstasy-laden euro-poon........:cool:

...just messing dude; I have never heard of this new "style" before.......

why is he wearing a sleeping bag with pee on it?

Um, don't you know? When you are on E peeing on yourself feels fucking awesome.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH nowwww I get it.

I think Carri Mundane and Cassetteplaya are fucking tops, but I didn't think that her work was so closely associated with the neu rave scene in london. I thought it more of a part of the resurgence of clubkid culture in the UK, although, not knowing what music's being played in the clubs over there, I guess I thought too soon.

The look hasn't hit the states yet, unfortunately. I want to pick up some Cassetteplaya stuff but I'm not sure if there's anywhere online to do so that ships to the US...

Carri Mundane, by the by, is the chick responsible for MIA's hypercolorful, geometric shapefuck wardrobe.

That stuff looks suprisingly like the "streetwear" kids i saw this summer in NYC.

I can see that perhaps in the prevailing love of allover prints and bright colors, but comparing someone in a neon Bape hoody to this stuff doesn't really fit in my head.

Cassette Playa's a little too out-there for the streetwear kids in NYC, they'll just think it's "gay white people shit".

140909353_l.jpg

980536344_l.jpg

....some people will do anything for thier 15 minutes....Those clothes look like someone took a box of legos and spilled them all over the place. Thier use of cardboard is really ingenious though...haha.

I haven't seen it over here in the states yet but I don't really go to raves and whip around glow sticks while blowing every brain cell out of my skull with acid...

I couldn't see myself wearing that stuff for any reason, but I have to say, the idea of being at a huge party with hundreds of people dressed like that sounds pretty wild.

I mean come on, if you can forget about being "stylish" for 5 seconds, doesn't it kind of sound like fun? It's like the craziest fucking halloween party you've never been to.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH nowwww I get it.

I think Carri Mundane and Cassetteplaya are fucking tops, but I didn't think that her work was so closely associated with the neu rave scene in london. I thought it more of a part of the resurgence of clubkid culture in the UK, although, not knowing what music's being played in the clubs over there, I guess I thought too soon.

With all due respect, it's not a resurgence of club kid culture. It's a resurgence of Acid House, which happened from 1986-1989 in the UK and predates the club kids of NYC.

Guest jmatsu

clothing reminds me of tackier bernhard willhelm, henrik v., jeremy scott.

beside the klaxons, what other artists are by your standards considered part of this phenomenon (genuinely interested)? thank you.

With all due respect, it's not a resurgence of club kid culture. It's a resurgence of Acid House, which happened from 1986-1989 in the UK and predates the club kids of NYC.

point well taken, although, i did not necessarily mean to reference NYC's 'clubkid' culture.

what artists are being played currently in the uk club scene that's been getting so much attention recently? is it a genuine update on acid house music, or is it just that era's style that is being revamped?