Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

the 17 cm jeans aren't even indigo denim jeans...i saw them at the boutique they're basically a black cotton gabardine kind of jeans. Really tight on the sales dude, they looked a bit stretchy, almost like a heavy kind of leggings is the effect i can best describe it as.

Ya...I think most of the models in S/S 07 are wearing them...

00010f.jpg

Guest Fade to Black
are the sliver selvedge jeans black or just really dark blue? i know those are 19cm

neither....that pic on eluxury is crap.

in person the jeans look kind of like a really light, ocean looking shade of blue....i didn't like them when i saw it. It's selvedge but the denim feels thin and flimsy, and the indigo dye looks really superficial. Might as well get an April 77 if you're lookin for that kind of style (i saw someone post some electric-blue lookin jeans a while back, the dior selvedges look like that but not as vivid...more dull)

I'm thinking of ordering some 19cm brut black Japanese Diors. If my true waist is around 29.5" inches and I want the slimmest fit possible in Diors is size 28 the smallest I should go?

This was posted earlier in the thread and it makes me think I could maybe do a sz27...

made in: Italy

model: 19cm ac

size: 27

waist: 38 cm across

hem: 18 cm

... My size 29 Slim Jims are 38.5cm across the waist and a little loose to the point were I can pull them down over my hips easily. The 28s seems like the safe choice and I don’t even know where to get sz 27 in black?

HI

I just bought a pair of dior 19cm italien denim..Im new to dior, but I want to get them hemmed I just dont know how much..Im not gonna wash them right away, I`ll probably wait a couple of month or more, but I wonder how much to cut off ...I still want the stacked dior style at the buttom. Is it reasonable to cut off 15 cm?? how much do they shrink?

Thanks!

shelton, i'd go for the 27s in Diors if you want that true runway look. Hines, if you cut off 15 cm the stacked look wont be nearly as apparent and the opening hem will be larger too (because diors taper slightly at the end on the made in japan jeans, but i don't know about the italian).

Just get them in and wear them first before you chop them up to see how you like it. I personally would never hem a pair of dior jeans.

My true size is somewhere around 29". I wear 26 in APC new cure, for reference. they are pretty tight in the waist (not as tight as the cures were when I first got them), but the size 28" was too big in the legs for my taste so I needed to size down 2 for a tighter fit. they cost $295, about $320 with tax. completely worth it in my opinion, I love them. thanks for the comments, guys.

Guest Fade to Black
i'm going to guess 19cm orange overdyes. maybe around a size 29 or so.

i'll go against the grain and say 21 cm orange overdyes (F/W 05-06 version), maybe a size 30.

actually i'm pretty positive that's gotta be 21, and at least a 30...if you notice he's fit a wallet into the back pocket. On a 19 cm, even size 30 there's no way you can fit a wallet of that size into your back pocket....

I just gave my Dior selvage a hot wash last night, the measurements have returned back to normal:

tag: 29

waist: 40cm

thigh: 27cm

knee: 20cm

hem: 17cm

so, I'm guessing these stretched an inch or so in the waist and shrunk back down as much, and width-wise about 1cm everywhere else, which has shrunk back down too.

The knee bagging disappeared, and the seams have roped and puckered nicely, train tracks look to be possible.

Wash water was dark, thick turquoise in color but actual indigo loss seems to be not too bad, the jeans still have a dark inky color pretty much like that when they were dry.

Gonna go for as long as possible without washing this time, hopefully not having to climb any mountains like i did yesterday. I have a feeling that I may start losing indigo quickly now that the wash is done.

Guest Fade to Black
I just gave my Dior selvage a hot wash last night, the measurements have returned back to normal:

tag: 29

waist: 40cm

thigh: 27cm

knee: 20cm

hem: 17cm

so, I'm guessing these stretched an inch or so in the waist and shrunk back down as much, and width-wise about 1cm everywhere else, which has shrunk back down too.

The knee bagging disappeared, and the seams have roped and puckered nicely, train tracks look to be possible.

Wash water was dark, thick turquoise in color but actual indigo loss seems to be not too bad, the jeans still have a dark inky color pretty much like that when they were dry.

Gonna go for as long as possible without washing this time, hopefully not having to climb any mountains like i did yesterday. I have a feeling that I may start losing indigo quickly now that the wash is done.

pics? I'd like to see the fading...

wearing them damp right now :) Fading hasn't really begun to start yet except for some subtle honeycombing and whiskers.

On another note, now that I don't have a pair of dry indigo denim anymore, I guess it's time to start denim shopping again. :D