Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Im a little confused by this line in the faq:

"For MII jeans, add 1cm to the size for the equivalent MIJ size/style/cut."

Is that 1cm referring to the waist size, meaning that if i need a 31 in MIJ, ill need a 30 in MII?, or are both waist sizes the same, but the MII are 1cm baggier in the legs?

The MII are 1cm baggier in the legs. You'll want to size down for MII anyway because they stretch more than the MIJ's.

Also, I finally got around to comparing the waist, rise, thighs and legs of the 19cm and 21cm MIJ's.

Everything is the same up until about 9 or 10 inches the thigh, the 19cm's start to slightly taper. The taper becomes noticeable at about 20 or so inches in. Meaning that the legs in the 19cm are BARELY slimmer from the mid thigh down, but the taper truly starts at around the knees.

if i wear a mij 19cm in a size 31indigo should i get a 30 for mii 19cm black? also has anyone been charged with duty fees ordering from luisviaroma ? i know browns does but making sure...

Dude, I just said in the post above yours, size down one for MII.

Also, I can just hook you up with MII's, why risk the customs, plus the higher shipping fees?

i'm wondering about the size in dior homme jeans .....i went to try on a size 31 in MII and they fit me well, but i want to buy one MII in a size 29 from EBAY!

is there a lot different with the measurement of these two sizes 29 and 31.... hem, width and other measurements!

if there is little bit smaller in 29', then they can fit me. if pretty much different like it's a lot smaller so ..i cannot get it.

CAN anyone tell me about the measurement between 29 and 31 in MII.....i 'm a width of 33.5 inches, i want a size 29 in black colour...>!!!! ?????????

Does anyone have details on these?

http://diabro.net/product_info.php/products_id/8147{8}82

Wondering if these are the black selvedge raws. Also, anyone know if they are 19cm or 21cm? Any help is appreciated.

Those are indeed black raws, but i don't think they are selvage. They could be but i don't think so. I just bought a pair of this seasons black selvage raws in the 21cm and they were 400 dollars. Those might just be the regular raws. Somebody correct me if im wrong.

I could take a look at Bloor for you, but unless they got a new shipment in, the last time I was there the smallest Dauphins they had were 34.

Thank you very much... I was wondering if I could call the store and have them mail to me or to the vancouver location...

i tried on a pair of the indigo waxed jeans yesterday and they were pretty fuckin nice

though they do seem a bit gaudy compared to the normal raws

luckily they were a size or two big in the waist so i didnt pull the trigger

i ahve been considering picking those up for a while, but since i don't have a chance to see them in person i can't really be sure how bright they are.

i am expecting them to be louder than the normal indigos, but they aren't really as loud as the pics on LVR show, are they?

for example, if you saw someone in the street with them would they pop out to your sight immedeatly, or would they just look like a nice pair of jeans with a slight shine to them?

I've been debating on these for a long time.

They're not nearly as shiny, gaudy, or loud as they look in the LVR photo.

But, it's hard to say about these. I've seen them several times in Saks and one time they had them folded up on a table and I thought they were a different, unwaxed model. But sometimes when I see them on the rack they look way too gaudy for me.

I wouldn't anticipate wearing them often; maybe just once in a while at night.

i ahve been considering picking those up for a while, but since i don't have a chance to see them in person i can't really be sure how bright they are.

i am expecting them to be louder than the normal indigos, but they aren't really as loud as the pics on LVR show, are they?

for example, if you saw someone in the street with them would they pop out to your sight immedeatly, or would they just look like a nice pair of jeans with a slight shine to them?

I've been debating on these for a long time.

They're not nearly as shiny, gaudy, or loud as they look in the LVR photo.

But, it's hard to say about these. I've seen them several times in Saks and one time they had them folded up on a table and I thought they were a different, unwaxed model. But sometimes when I see them on the rack they look way too gaudy for me.

I wouldn't anticipate wearing them often; maybe just once in a while at night.

As I've said before, I've got some pairs on hand, and they're NOWHERE near as shiny or gaudy as the LVR pictures will lead you to believe. Hell, I can't get it to shine that much when I take pictures with my flash on.

they arent too flashy, think of the normal shine on raw dry denim and amplify it

thats what i would describe these as

hey, i think the sharp notations are hedi's best jeans for a long (long) time. they have plenty of edge, but are pretty subtle.

think what his earlier designs did to redefine simple suits and shirts, with a few simple and subtle tricks of embroidery and fabric. that's the kind of feeling i get with the sharp notations - not over the top at all, but miles away from everything else.

in normal light, like thegrapist says, the wax looks like a more intense version of raw denim's sheen. the intensity makes them seem much slicker than typical raws, and, in fact, makes them more versatile (ie, formalizes them a bit).

so they are wearable in lots of of different situations, i get away with them at the office, going out, semi-formal dinners, etc.

finally, the silicone covering is razor thin on them - not thick at all as on the distressed waxed jeans.

hth.

Hey everyone,

I have a pair of slightly used 21s in a size 30 that I bought for my husband on Ebay but they're way too loose on him (he's got matchstick legs). Anyway, I am interested in selling them, and would like to know the kind of info you guys look for when purchasing on Ebay. Ie. what sort of questions do I need to make sure to answer in the item description?

Hope I haven't broken any rules by posting this - if yes, it was unintentional and I apologize, my question is genuine.

Thanks.