Washing Jeans of Unknown History

generic_guy

I've looked through the encyclopedia and I don't *think* anyone has discussed this so...

I've just bought some pre-worn Warehouse 1001XX from eBay and I'm just wondering about the best way to wash them, given that I don't know if they've been soaked/washed before.

I'm guessing they have been washed once as they are still slightly "fluffy" but obviously not new.

I'm thinking I'll wash them inside out at 30 degrees with a small amount of normal non-bio washing powder, then wear them for a bit while they dry (I don't want them to shrink).

Does that sound OK?

I'm not sure what the UK equivalent of Dr Bronners would be (and I'd quite like to wash them tonight so I can airdry them for Friday), they're still very dark so I'm thinking I could risk the washing powder I have in.

Do you think 40 degrees would be hot enough? The waist is already a tad more than 2 inches smaller than the tag size so do you think they've maybe finished shrinking?

Thanks for the advice.

hmmm... i'd stay away from conventional washing powder, there are bleaching agents and such. some castile soap should be easy to find in the UK, though i've no idea what brands to look for. if nothing else, a hot water wash w/ no detergent should do it.

but ultimately, they're just jeans, so whatevs.

I'm not sure what the UK equivalent of Dr Bronners would be

Look for any "castile" soap. No bleach, no phosphate.

Do you think 40 degrees would be hot enough? The waist is already a tad more than 2 inches smaller than the tag size so do you think they've maybe finished shrinking?

Sounds like the shrinking's pretty much done. If it was me at that point, I'd just do a warm wash, just to clean out the jeans.

I'm not sure what the UK equivalent of Dr Bronners would be (and I'd quite like to wash them tonight so I can airdry them for Friday), they're still very dark so I'm thinking I could risk the washing powder I have in.

Thanks for the advice.

can you get Y3 in the UK? You could use that.

It doesn't really matter, though.